587,418 active members*
3,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 109 of 184 95999107108109110111119159
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Hi, apparently he has the infrastructure as he posted photos of the new factory and various SVM models being assembled in a post some while back.

If you subscribe to the conspiracy theory, then by all accounts you still believe that this is still a big scam to lure more people into paying money up front and not getting the goods in return.........LOL........is that what you think?

If you go back to the Bible and see the part about doubting Thomas and apply the same "hole in the hand" test........maybe you should go to China and have a look at the factory as others have done, just to put your mind at rest.

Meanwhile, as some products from SKYFIRE .COM are starting to be delivered, a bit more patience is the name of the game ........otherwise go to your local machinery dealer and buy a CNC mill from their selection, if they have one or two, at their asking price, but don't forget to arrange the mortgage first.....dealers like to be paid up front too before they deliver the goods.......and they don't take PAYPAL or small deposits.
    Ian.

they should take paypal I do
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    they should take paypal I do
    If I was Defeng on items that costly and large I wouldn't take paypal, not the very least because of the huge number of scam buyers around, but also the massive fees that would jack the prices up even more.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

I forgot that they put charges up

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I was Defeng on items that costly and large I wouldn't take paypal, not the very least because of the huge number of scam buyers around, but also the massive fees that would jack the prices up even more.
    Really?
    Paypal: fees, plus a fairly secure 3rd party for arbitration. They can handle scammers.
    Credit card: fees, comparable, can be revoked by the buyer unilaterally.
    Cheque: a certain percentage always bounced, and they can be cancelled.
    Wire transfer: you have got to be kidding!!!!
    Cash: um ... how?

I don't see any evidence of 'massive fees' in the Paypal system. I use it alot. In fact, the Paypal fees are often smaller than the banks, and much smaller than other channels like Western Union.

Cheers
    Roger

Australian fee`s are quite high if buying outside Au

this is what defang will have to pay 3.7% + $0.30 USD or a similar fixed fee in the currency received at a max it will be 4.4% the fee is on currency conversion

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's not that high.
    Check out bank conversions: they can be MUCH higher. Their buy/sell split is huge.

Cheers
    Roger

that was off paypal china web site the real one

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forgive me, but Something seems a bit odd here.

If I decide to send money to Defang from my Paypal account, I believe I pay the fees as the buyer, and that will be the fee charged by Paypal Australia. I was not aware that the receiver would have to pay any Paypal fees, except to do the currency exchange. Most Chinese ebay vendors want US$ anyhow, and if you have US$ in your Paypal account there is no exchange.

Or does Paypal China work differently?

cheers

Selling is 4.4% + $0.30 USD per sale, or lower that`s what defang will have to pay as the seller,

Usually no fee and that's regardless of how you pay. There may be a currency conversion fee when you buy or send a payment overseas. We’ll always show you the exchange rate, which includes this fee before adding it to your purchase amount.

above is china,

below is you
    Currency conversion fees.
    Some international sellers accept Australian dollars. If they don’t, we’ll convert the currency for you. We use the prevailing wholesale exchange rate and charge a small percentage above that.
    If you use your credit or debit card at checkout, you can choose to use your card provider’s currency conversion rate instead. When you pay with American Express, they’ll always convert the currency for you.
    To US or Canadian dollars 3.5% above the exchange rate
    To all other currencies 4% above the exchange rate
    Within your PayPal account (not as part of a purchase) to any currency. 2.5% above the exchange rate

it`s hard to find the correct info for Au it`s here https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/he...d=FAQ690&m=HTQ

your rules are a bit different from over here

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Forgive me, but Something seems a bit odd here.

If I decide to send money to Defang from my Paypal account, I believe I pay the fees as the buyer, and that will be the fee charged by Paypal Australia. I was not aware that the receiver would have to pay any Paypal fees, except to do the currency exchange. Most Chinese ebay vendors want US$ anyhow, and if you have US$ in your Paypal account there is no exchange.

Or does Paypal China work differently?

cheers
    Unless you send it as "Family or Friends" in which case you pay the fees, the seller gets charged the fees. When I was referring to scammers, I was meaning the risk to the seller. Check the forums to see what I mean. They are littered with numerous stories of people buying goods, making a bogus claim, and getting away with it. One infamous one is the guy who sold a certified antique violin, the buyer bought it, then claimed it wasn't antique, what did paypal do, with no proof from the buyer, they refunded the guys money, and instructed him to destroy the violin! Regardless of whether it was a fake or not, the seller ended up out of the money and the violin, while the buyer got the violin free. No sending the violin back, and then refunding, or requiring some proof to backup his statement that it wasn't antique. That is only one story of many, many, similar ones. As much as people want to believe sellers rip buyers off, I can assure you there's a very good number of buyers who look for any opportunity to rip off sellers.

I've dealt with many buyers of that caliber over the years, they seem to think it's just their God given right to get one up on someone, me, I think it's bad karma.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

there are A holes like that it`s the same with Ebay, trademe any wear I have had that on trademe but when you take photo`s of the thing before you send it it`s really easy to call them out

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    So, does that mean we can buy one of Defeng's machines, copy it precisely and then go and sell a few to recover the initial cost.
    I'm not sure why you would want to copy it, there is nothing special about his machine that anyone with a good machine building background, could not do the same, no copy
    needed, his electronics seem to be very good, but that is his trade, so they should be good,he is a electronics engineer, not a machine builder
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I'm not sure why you would want to copy it, there is nothing special about his machine that anyone with a good machine building background, could not do the same, no copy
    needed, his electronics seem to be very good, but that is his trade, so they should be good,he is a electronics engineer, not a machine builder
    Mactec you made my Day Thank you

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

I thought in his very early posts he said he was a machine manufacturer for many years? And if designing and building a range of machines from scratch doesn't qualify you as a machine builder, what does?

cheers, Ian

Quote Originally Posted by inov8r View Post
    So 4 machines have been delivered and nobody is posting a word or pics. What's up with that?
    I've been moving and have to deal with 35 years of my family's accumulated crap. Soon it will be all over and I can get back to work on my machine. It's functionalso now, maybe in the next week or two I will make some sample parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    We Do not know if He still has the Infrastruktur to do so that is why any one Who really physically receive a machine Should let US know .. just a line "I am Happy received an xxx yyy machine and customs and shipping cost zzzz" probably then i will also receive my goods later on ...

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
    I'm pretty sure I delineated the costs and paperwork involved in my thread as best I can. Procedures are likely different in the EU. The quality of the build and parts are excellent, everything in the pics were exactly my machine, and the other LM components I ordered likewise excellent quality.

It wasn't all rosy. I did lose a clisn't waiting for my machine and I couldn't afford to buy another machine. But, such is life. Have different clients and projects.

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    Unless you send it as "Family or Friends" in which case you pay the fees, the seller gets charged the fees. When I was referring to scammers, I was meaning the risk to the seller. Check the forums to see what I mean. They are littered with numerous stories of people buying goods, making a bogus claim, and getting away with it. One infamous one is the guy who sold a certified antique violin, the buyer bought it, then claimed it wasn't antique, what did paypal do, with no proof from the buyer, they refunded the guys money, and instructed him to destroy the violin! Regardless of whether it was a fake or not, the seller ended up out of the money and the violin, while the buyer got the violin free. No sending the violin back, and then refunding, or requiring some proof to backup his statement that it wasn't antique. That is only one story of many, many, similar ones. As much as people want to believe sellers rip buyers off, I can assure you there's a very good number of buyers who look for any opportunity to rip off sellers.

I've dealt with many buyers of that caliber over the years, they seem to think it's just their God given right to get one up on someone, me, I think it's bad karma.

cheers, Ian
    Hi, I would suggest anyone with a Paypal account to keep it as low as possible to avoid having funds removed if the buyer attempts to pull a fast one.......but having your credit card linked to Paypal is a risk too as they can withdraw funds automatically to top up a buyers item price without asking you.....terms of use etc.

On the whole, Paypal is the preferred way to pay for items in almost every transaction method on EBAY

BTW, I was charged a transaction fee of $30 by my bank to send money (any amount, it doesn't matter) direct to Defeng's bank account, and at the time the OZ dollar was on parity with the US dollar.....almost 2 years ago, otherwise I'd have had a currency conversion factor applied too, and at the moment it's almost 1/3 down against the US dollar.

Defeng's inventory on SKYFIRE.COM. is in US dollars........do the sums......OZ buyers will now pay that much more if they haven't placed an order and paid up front.........and unless the Chinese buy more of our iron ore and send it back to us as milling machines etc, the price for a mill will be out of sight.

Maybe we can send them a ton of iron ore and request it be "converted" to a nice milling machine......LOL......their labour rates are much cheaper than ours for smelting and casting.
    Ian.

LOL......dear Mac......if you wanted to build a machine better, or just equal, to the same calibre of the ones Skyfire.com are selling.....right now...... you'd have to have done the R&D to get to the point where the SVM series is now, which is market leaders and much sought after....price aside.....why would anyone buy one of these mills in preference to those that are already in the market?

There just absolutely isn't anything to compare to the SVM-0 just for a starter, and the SVM-1 &2 are also considered to be extremely god bang for the buck, unless you think they are only good because they're not as expensive as the rest.......I doubt whether buying on the cheap is a good policy where machinery is concerned, so those people buying these machines off shore are not buying because a few dollars less is good for the soul.

I have to wonder, with all the good engineers out there in the Western World, why nobody has designed and built a mill like these, seeing as they are "nothing special?" ........but the proof is in the pudding........if it's just the Chinese cheaper labour cost that enable them to supply where others don't/can't, why don't a load of other Chinese manufacturers get on the same band wagon.......nothing spectacular you say?.....I don't think so.
    Ian.

Handle, your kidding right???
    Your Skyfire mill is nothing more than a rework of an existing design The Mikini Brand. Read "copy". Their is nothing special about it. All the castings are made from simple patterns. The only engineering done on it was "add more material/mass". Guaranteed no FEA Modal testing was done.
    Defeng worked for a company that went belly up because they priced themselves out of the hobby market.
    Just for kicks I'm tempted at building the column of your mill in cad and showing you the FEA results of it.
    You don't have to be much of an engineer to come up with that column design.

The only thing going for the whole SVM series is price. Period. It has nothing new or innovative to offer. Linear rails on cast iron? That's so 1980's if not earlier.

.I doubt whether buying on the cheap is a good policy where machinery is concerned, so those people buying these machines off shore are not buying because a few dollars less is good for the soul.
    You wanna bet? Money speaks volumes whether you are hobbyist or a manufacturer.

Sometimes I wonder if you post just to contradict what those in the know say.

I see many here who post here seem knowledgeable to a point, but I wonder how many of them really know what they're talking about or are they just referencing a bunch of pdf's that they've read.
    Your turn Handle.

Page 109 of 184 95999107108109110111119159