587,691 active members*
3,538 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Salvaging Shop Fox Cam Clamps for T-tracks

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by acondit View Post
    My Grandfather who died of cancer used to use DDT before it was banned. Now maybe it was not the cause of his cancer (we'll never know for sure) but I remember all the deformed animals around that were exposed to DDT. So, your "stupid World Health Organization" is someone else's "about time". It is easy to complain when it is not your ox being gored.

Alan
    Tell that to the millions that die each yearin third world countries of starvation, because their crops are being destryed by insect infestation. My condolensces to your family; I don't mean this to be a heartless rant. There was a time when we didn't understand the risks, but knowing what we do now, there has to be ways of safely using pesticides. especially where it's needed most.

They ARE greedy! I have seen it first hand, I am not against world trade, I am against the US trading jobs and LOCAL economy for 5$ off the widget your kid wants for christmas.
    Businesses need money to operate and pay their taxes (obvious)
    but its kinda hard for the 40% to pay income taxes without the jobs (again obvious)

JTCUSTOMS
    I've been a victim of large corporations a few times; when my cabinetmaking shop died after Home Depot came to town, being laid off as part of a merger, working for a contractor that shut down when a larger builder came in and outbid us...

Don't get me wrong here. I'm in the same boat as you as far as supporting our local and national economy. But aside from emplying their own personnel, and creating emplyment down the supply chain, corporations also need to make profits for shareholders, R&D, and reserve cash. If there were no corporations, regardless of size, there'd be no jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
    --snip-- If there were no corporations, regardless of size, there'd be no jobs.
    That is just plain BS. Jobs would be different no doubt but corporations are creatures of men and not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by acondit View Post
    That is just plain BS. Jobs would be different no doubt but corporations are creatures of men and not vice versa.
    Jobs may be different but that's not the reality we live in right now, or at least where I live!

Hey Don!!
    How are those clamps working for you have you worked out all the bugs?

JTCUSTOMS
    "It is only when they go wrong that machines remind you how powerful they are."
    Clive James