587,328 active members*
3,149 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Once again...

OK,

So my reseller finally sent me a post processor that was "close enough". After some editing it seems to be working. Now the largest problem is my understanding of the code I'm putting out.

Anyway, I've run into another problem with CAMWorks that I simply cannot solve. I have a 1.25" x 1.25" x 7.5" piece of aluminum stock which has numerous features machined into it. Everything works fine except the filleted corner which runs the full length of the part. The fillet has a 0.250 radius and runs the length of one of the 7.5" sides of the part as well as down the 1.25" sides of the part, on the same side. CAMWorks seems to think that machining the fillet from the side (with the part extending vertically out of the vise) is the best way to do it even though I have a corner-round machine tool defined in my tool crib and all of the AFR features turned on. I can force it to profile machine the fillet with an end mill from the top but that takes way too much time and produces a poor finish. Can anyone guide me on how to get CAMWorks to use the corner-round tool to do one sweep and produce the fillet I need? Thank you if you can!

Well, I found a way to force the program to use the corner rounder...

If I add a sketch to the bottom of the fillet (from the top of my stock/part) which is an exact copy of the feature line for the fillet, then I can add an open profile with a blind condition. The dimension of the blind condition has to be the same as my fillet radius and the direction of cut must be away from the part. Finally, after generating my operation and toolpaths I have to switch from the suggested cutting tool and force the program to use the corner-round. This seems to accomplish what I need but my god is it time consuming. There's got to be a faster way!

Anyone know how to accomplish this quicker?

Hi Japazo,
    If I understand what you describe correctly. You do not need to create the sketch. You can pick the edge at the bottom of radius as well as the top of you part to set the Z height, right in the graphics window.

Hope that helps,
    Best regards,
    Lars