587,517 active members*
3,547 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bad week for Viruses

What a pain in the a$$. !!

2 of my computers, and All my websites have been infected by viruses. The problems are not related, but happened all at the same time.
    I've lost my current Viper manual doc file and smt layout on one computer as well as a lot of emails.

My websites seem to have been infected when i use FileZilla FTP to upload content. Filezilla had been hacked and has a malware in it, that sends your passwords back to some A-hole who adds code to every webpage, infecting any computer that goes on your site.

Windows PC's are not safe to use for business, i'm thinking about going to mac or Linix

LK

use ubuntu . i actually use MINT .. but its ubuntu based ..
    www.wildhorsemfg.com machinist / gunsmith
    accumax with Fanuc 11M , Hitachi seiki 3NE with 6T

I'm posting this message on a G5 Mac, that i bought for under $300. Works excellent ! Virus's can't touch me now (at least for website work). This thing is so slick, and well put together. The mouse feel is much better than any PC ive ever used.

But i am setting up a Linix computer to get use to it, and maybe play with Kylix (delphi for linix).

I can see now that Windows on the web is Doomed to Virus attacks for ever. Its just getting worse !

LK

Still having site issues? I was just looking around, well was going to, and site wouldn't come up.........P.S. would be a wonderful time to update everything.

Im far not IT guy, have modest knowledge about. I do use Windows and Kaspersky AV ... Many friends use MAC and proud about no problem with viruses. OK, may be, but memory stick When they bring any drawing from their MAC for my Windows machine then near always my Kaspewrsky detects some or even lot of viruses My machine cleans this stick but next time the same stick comes infected again. Even after cleaned they put it once in to their laptop it will come infected again :tired:
    MAC guys are very resentful at when Im telling I about viruses I found from their memory stick - impossible - they cry out.
    How this is in reality? MAC machines are immune for viruses but are MAC machines clean for others, axenic?
    Is it impossible that MAC conveys?
    Kaspersky does hallucinate?
    cheers,
    herbert

I only surf the net now with a Mac. I've got 2 older ones a G4 and a G5 and i'm totally impressed. I will only use the PC to check email.

Any operating system (like all windows , 95-windows7) that lets a program modify the boot sector or registry, is a POS that can never be trusted. You can't intall a program on the Mac with out entering the admin password.

OK, may be, but memory stick When they bring any drawing from their MAC for my Windows machine then near always my Kaspewrsky detects some or even lot of viruses My machine cleans this stick but next time the same stick comes infected again. Even after cleaned they put it once in to their laptop it will come infected again
    Its not a virus, its a few folders the Mac puts on for the trashcan and indexing.