587,490 active members*
4,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 16 of 18 61415161718
    zool,

Unfortunately you have thrown up a long winded waste of time.

You want to be a smart arse college boy? you have been the typical which doesn't read before ranting.

read the words "carriage design" then look that up. Where does a carriage and a
    mortise and tenon joint have similarities? in this case they don't. The question is not on the joining of materials but the methods in which motion is gained on the CARRIAGE.

The carriage, which is pictured; the layout of the bearings, the mounting of the motor, hell even the shaping of the plates is all nearly identical.

Im not getting involved in who designed what as i'm fairly new to all this and find it sad that winegars thread has been used for so much other than HIS machine

I believe I talked (or e-mailed) with tulsaturbo years ago before he started producing cnc plasma components. He would have to verify as it was a while ago I have talked to many people since then, and I am just remembering based on his location. If it is the person I remember, he seemed like a great guy.

I worked on 4 different generations of this design before releasing it for sale, but you are correct that there many be many similar designs out there. Everything you think up has probably been designed before.

If you wanted a time line on the aluminum extrusion style design, it is all well documented in the history thread of the precision plasma directory in the plasma section.

My feeling is, more power to him for following his passion developing a product. He has taken the structure of how precision plasma operates one step further. By having people source the rail of a gantry, he can offer the kit at a lower cost. If a company has to source and inventory components, they need to make money on them. Precision Plasma LLC currently has components for 150-200 machines in stock. This costs money.

I am glad to see that his business is starting to take off. It benefits the consumer to have more choices and to keep other's pricing in check.

Some customers want turnkey systems, some want gantry kits, and some just want components. Each level has a different cost associated with it and it is nice to see there are companies available to fulfill the needs of all customers.

Fight!!!!!

Time to throw on the boxing gloves.... :boxing:

winegar where and how to change in mach 3 software option so the 2 step motors work at the same time on x -axis

Quote Originally Posted by linkintiger View Post
    winegar where and how to change in mach 3 software option so the 2 step motors work at the same time on x -axis
    Look for "slave axis", if I remember right it's under "config".
    Carl

Yeap,.... Config,-Slave Axis, Check X slave axis A... Done!....

The little peaks on my slats are .25" tall.... and work great!...

i try X slave A they both work at the same time but opposite way one go forward second go backward how to change so they will go the same way.

i try X slave A they both work at the same time but opposite way one go forward second go backward how to change so they will go the same way.

Reverse your "A" drive...

My Blog
    http://www.needfulthings.net/tulsaturbo/myblog/index.php

Dang you tulsaturbo... I was about to post the same screen shot!... You beat me to it!... Will have some new photos to throw up today though!...

great thank you is there any tutorial online that is explaining all these options what they do?

great thank you is there any tutorial online that is explaining all these options what they do?
    Go here, and select "Artsoft Video Tutorials". ArtSoft USA - Video Tutorials
    Carl

just wonder why do you guys have small switches that limits movement of the motors i though that movement limits can be setup in the program so the motors can't go beyond the table size

linkintiger,

just wonder why do you guys have small switches that limits movement of the motors i though that movement limits can be setup in the program so the motors can't go beyond the table size
    It is my understanding that if the computer, cable, controller, ect... has a problem, the limit switches are a backup to stop movement. Yes, "soft" limits can be setup in Mach3.

AWESOME build winegar... I've been following :-)

Sully

winegar what program are you using for basic drawing for mach3 the one with deer head?

I use Autocad 2010... or sometimes emachineshop ...

I just bought a new Plasma Cutter... a Thermal Dynamics 80amp unit!... With a machine torch... Looking to get that installed very soon... I have already cut some .5" plate with it and it cuts like butter!.... That was hand holding my machine torch... Cant wait to try out some 1" to 1.25" plate and see how she does!....

Sorry I have not been on here much, but been so busy and all... later guys!

Quote Originally Posted by winegar View Post

I just bought a new Plasma Cutter... a Thermal Dynamics 80amp unit!... With a machine torch... Looking to get that installed very soon... I have already cut some .5" plate with it and it cuts like butter!.... That was hand holding my machine torch... Cant wait to try out some 1" to 1.25" plate and see how she does!....

I just recently purchased the cutmaster 82 also.. Its a badmother humper.. I ripped through 16 sheets of 3/16 alum. yesterday and it ran flawlessly... Did you get a hand torch with yours also? If you dont mind me asking how much was it total?

This must not a hobby for you. I could make some nice wheel weights with that machine.

I picked up a used PacMaster 100XL Plus (plus is 80amp not 70 like the 100XL), came with hand torch and all.... Then I purchased a brand new PCH-100XL machine torch as well, came with the plastic gear tube and also the Metal one with the height adjuster, mount and all........ Now, even though the PacMaster came with the PCH-102... all the consumables are the same as the PCH-100XL with the exception of the electrode... all other parts interchange..... I feel that if i put the price on here it might be insulting to some... :-D .... Oh well.. so be it...Shipping the 100lb unit was almost $120 by itself... & I still paid $900 for everything, shipped!... ..... Yes, before you even ask... It works, and no, it is not stolen!....lol..... I found some .5" plate laying on the floor in the corner of the shop all rusty and nasty.... laid it up.... cut through it like butter!.... My 40amp would never have done that!...

I picked up a used PacMaster 100XL Plus (plus is 80amp not 70 like the 100XL), came with hand torch and all.... Then I purchased a brand new PCH-100XL machine torch as well, came with the plastic gear tube and also the Metal one with the height adjuster, mount and all........ Now, even though the PacMaster came with the PCH-102... all the consumables are the same as the PCH-100XL with the exception of the electrode... all other parts interchange..... I feel that if i put the price on here it might be insulting to some... :-D .... Oh well.. so be it...Shipping the 100lb unit was almost $120 by itself... & I still paid $900 for everything, shipped!... ..... Yes, before you even ask... It works, and no, it is not stolen!....lol..... I found some .5" plate laying on the floor in the corner of the shop all rusty and nasty.... laid it up.... cut through it like butter!.... My 40amp would never have done that!...
    Nothing insulting about a great deal. If that's the case, I hope to offend everyone when/if I get a 100amp machine. I paid just under $1100 for 4 of the same 40 amp machines you have. There was a guy on fleabay selling HF returns. They sold about 2 of those 40amp a week along with about 10000 other items. There are great deals out there. After I sold three on CL, I had $300 and a nice 40amp for less than 2 hours of my time.

Page 16 of 18 61415161718