587,401 active members*
3,567 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Advice on K40III purchase.

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker. I've been interested in purchasing a low end laser engraver and after weighing everything I decided to go the cheapest most viable route. I will be using this for hobby purposes to see if it can fit into my leather business at some point.

I'm technically savy, as is my husband, electronically and software wise, also old school handtool wise!

I'm pretty much set on buying the K40III Shenhui laser on Ebay but I am not sure if any of the sellers are reliable as far as delivering a working product. I understand I'll be futzing around to get it working properly but I'm just really concerned about trustworthiness (getting a machine delivered that actually works).

The one auction I'm looking at in particular is this one: USB CO2 LASER ENGRAVING CUTTING MACHINE ENGRAVER/NEW - eBay (item 370495481147 end time Apr-21-11 20:29:20 PDT)

Has anyone made a purchase from any of these low end dealers? If so any thoughts good or bad...

Thanks for your time!

Hi
    You can buy straight from Shenhui or other Chinese company.
    I buy from Yinan Senfeng for few years.
    Regards
    Bialek

Hi,

Thanks I'm interested in purchasing off of Ebay because I can use paypal and also I have a nice Ebay coupon I'd like to redeem. Any other's purchase from Ebay or do most deal directly with the laser company?

While cheap, this laser has no air assist, no honeycomb table, tiny working area and a tiny bed. You will also receive no USA based support buying direct from China. However, the worst aspect is probably the cheap Chinese software (Moshisoft) which makes your laser more of a door stop than anything else. Moshisoft is worse than even NewlyDraw (the other cheap Chinese software).

If your budget allows, we sell low cost lasers with direct print driver technology with electronics/software 100% developed in the USA. With our software, your laser becomes a printer and can use any application that prints. Under the control of our electronics, the motor motion is much smoother and the laser control superior to other control options which gives superior output.

If you have problems, you can call us at (702) 482-8594 and a live person picks up the phone during regular business hours of 10a-6pm. There are over half a dozen dedicated tech support people in our office dedicated to helping customers which ensures you can reach a live person immediately.

We are so confident of our product that we are the only USA laser company that we know of that offers 30 day money back guarantees on our products (minus shipping/handling).

If you pay our expedite fee, we can some it tomorrow directly out of our Las Vegas warehouse and probably deliver it to you before the end of the week.
    Alternatively, enter our facebook contest and maybe you can win one for free.

win a free 40w Super Deluxe CO2 Laser: Full Spectrum Laser LLC

I bought that laser from the exact same seller. I had some problems getting it to work and I did get support on troubleshooting from that seller. (turned out to be a loose wire.)

Mine came with the Newlydraw and I bought the other package Newlyseal. Neither are very user friendly.

I am looking at upgrading mine to something that will run gcode. It will not as it is delivered to you.

LaserGrl,

I would not recommend that particular seller or machine, but there are some options. Full Spectrum Laser offer an upgraded system, which although more expensive does have some nice features above the normal Chinese import.

Occasionally you will find other US resellers putting their systems on Ebay, but will pay a little more, probably around $1600-1800 shipped. I also know of several resellers that will provide systems direct.

Ebay seller CNCOLETECH CNCOLETECH items - Get great deals on Laser tube 40w,50w,60w,80w, Laser Power Supply items on eBay Stores! is reputable, and can provide a well built machine at a great price. Stong Signs is another option signmaking items - Get great deals on advertising equipments, cnc routers items on eBay Stores! - their machines have improved recently. The downside is both of these sellers are in China.

As others have mentioned you really want Newlydraw 1.5 rather than the older Moshi or Newlyseal (which is designed for seal making only). I disagree that Newlydraw is difficult to use, in fact it is too basic and you will need Corel or some other software for the designing. Newlydraw then acts as a glorified driver and has all the functionality you need. It supports raster (engraving) and vector (cutting) and is a lot simpler than Mach3 or EMC.

Since you mentioned leather, would you want to cut it or engrave only?

Zax.

About Newlydraw

Originally Posted by Martin P

First test:
    I drew a square 100x100mm It is 400mm. Cut speed 1 cm / s. Program wrote Engrave time 40s OK. But he worked 400 mm 13s.

Second test:
    I drew a square 100x100mm It is 400mm. Cut speed 2 cm / s. Program wrote Engrave time 20s OK. But he worked 400 mm 13s.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/laser_...newlydraw.html

@cinematic2

I am not sure what point you are trying to make, but to clarify.

The software is not the problem here. It was the machine that did not recognize or could not achieve the software settings.

Newlydraw has the capability to set power too, but many of the cheaper small systems use a pot to adjust the laser PSU directly so will not use the settings.

Most of the recent systems will allow speed to be adjusted in software and work accordingly.

Zax.

I'm looking to engrave and to cut the leather but mostly in it's engraving abilities. I'm fully proficient in almost all the graphics programs. I have an older version of Corel but I'm an Illustrator person.

From what I saw an the machine I referenced it has a version of Moshi that allows both cutting and engraving. I've looked at Full Spectrum and while I'm interested in them for the future I don't want to spend that much on an experiment. If I can fit it into my business then I'll upgrade to a 60 watt further down the line.

Price quoted to me from directly from liaocheng Shenhui was $550 for their SH-K40, not sure if its the same model as the ebay seller is advertising at $75 less. I was considering getting one for interest sakes (had just placed a almost $11 000 order so assume it was their best price) , the salesperson basically told me it was not a good buy at all compared to the other lasers I ordered. (I read that as meaning .. it's cr-p)

Look on other products, offered by this seller on ebay ))