[QUOTE=sagreen;901009]Didn't make much progress over the weekend, but I thought I'd post a few thoughts on the machine...

Cons:
1) I'm not pleased with the gantry height. I want to run an indexer on this thing, and would like to be able to get it all under the gantry and Z-Axis. I dont think the current gantry will work. George and I have talked about extending the gantry sides.

I AGREE!!! Also with the Z mounted as designed the height is limited by Z axis and not travel. If the whole Z was mounted other way the whole axis moves out of the way to allow more height on parts/fixtures.

3) As I have said before, I dont really like the way the lovejoys are mounted to these ballscrews. Seems that if you have to grind off the allen bolt heads (can never get them back off and save the lovejoy) due to clearance issues this is a design problem.

I also agree. I mentioned to George about maybe using helical couplers I had on hand and because the ballscrew threads into the lovejoys he advised it was not a good idea to change to helical.

NICE BUILD LOG!! I am currently modifying my raptorx gantry sides to allow adjustment of the squareness alignment of the X to Y. Mine is very good out of the box with only .060" error over 20" travel, but I know it can be improved if its adjustable.....we'll see.