I purchased the machine from a guy in New Jersey. It worked fine when I got it, but within a couple of days, the encoder in the y-axis went out. I thought it was a bad servo motor and sent it out to a repair shop. They said the motor was fine and it needed an encoder, which would cost $1000. I got to checking around and found I could purchase and encoder for around $150, so I did and installed it myself. When I talked to centroid, they closest guy around was in Alabama. I'm in SE Georgia and didn't want to pay some guy travel time both ways to install an encoder. The machine has sat for some time waiting for other projects to get caught up on. Maybe Centroid has someone closer than 8-10 hours away now. Anyway, does it really matter if the x-axis works in the opposite direction as long as I know that it does?

Any thoughts on why the y-axis goes to the end of travel limit switch several times before finding home? Perhaps the home limit and the end of travel limit are too close to each other?