587,916 active members*
3,923 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma MC4 VA and DNC-B

Okuma MC4 VA and DNC-B

Recently acquired an old Okuma MC4-Va running OPS 5000M-G. The machine came with DNC-B option and no manuas. We are trying to download from our programming computer and getting no where. Any suggestions?

I would suggest to establish regular RS232 connection via CN0: first. Next - try to use regular PIP>Read, PIP>Punch, through serial port of DNC-B.
    what it is "getting no where"? There are alarm messages on OSP as usual. Some error messages of communication program PC side?

Well worth getting Okuma out to install their own DNC-B software. Cost us A$600; they had it all running in just over an hour.

It is a dream to run and it doesn't matter how large your post is, it'll just keep on machining. Just make sure Windows Update is set to "download but don't install", otherwise the computer will restart and the Okuma will stop in its tracks and/or shut down.

Actually, we got the machine rinnung very easily. We installed a board from Dostek, configured it and connected it to a PC and it would download programming with ease. The hard part was tracing wiring issues from my programming comoputer to the machine, which is about 150 feet away.

searching for a DNC-B

We have been searching for a DNC-B option to purchase, if anyone has an old machine and would be willing to selling their board, please let me know, we will pay you a fair price. We are located in the US, have not been able to source here, if a friend off-shore can find one to sell please let me know.

Thank you,
    [email protected]

You will need the machine software as well.