587,420 active members*
3,315 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    For setting the jog speed, did you just connect the + and - to the normal Mach3 + and -?

There is a lot nice way to go that would make more sense on an iPhone pendant. If you take a look at Ger21's Aqua screen set, he added 2 buttons that cycle continuous and step jog through a small number of values.

Mach3 already had a function to step through the step jog values: 0.100, 0.01, 0.001, 0.0005, and 0.0001. The continuous steps are something like 100%, 50%, 25%, 10%, and 5%.

Fewer steps is better. It's almost like you want slow, medium, and fast for job. It is very helpful to metal machining to have both continuous and step modes.

Just some ideas!

Eventually I'll have to play with this on my own.

Cheers,

BW
    Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
    http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

I think the problem with adding new features to a pendant is working within the limitations of the WIFI Pad software. The software can only emulate keyboard keys, up to 3 at a time. The gamepad software only has 2 button states- up and down. Right now it is impossible to get DRO's or different logic based controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pplug View Post
    I think the problem with adding new features to a pendant is working within the limitations of the WIFI Pad software. The software can only emulate keyboard keys, up to 3 at a time. The gamepad software only has 2 button states- up and down. Right now it is impossible to get DRO's or different logic based controls.
    I'm finding this to be a big limitation too. I have a feeling and update will be out soon though. I saw a video of the beta on youtube and it had a mouse pad controlling a fps game (Halo).

A lot of things can be controlled, it's just a matter of setting it up in mach to do that. For example my new version is setup to increase speed by pressing Tab,],Tab. So it opens the jog menu, increase the speed, then closes it. So can set up a button to do it, but I tried to give it most functionality "out of the box."

I'll have to take a look at that set further, Bob. In my "shop" I use SteelBlue that I modified. I have a button to go from continuous to step which I find incredibly useful. On the default screen set you have to press ALT,7,CTRL,J which WiFiPad doesn't yet allow. I also can't figure how to hold a button, like jog increase, and have it keep increasing as long as you hold it. Maybe in version three

I have an mpg made, but I don't know if it can be used. Is there any way to set up a button that will change the jog speed to a certain speed, say 40%? I have a makeshift mpg and I need to setup ten percentages to work.

If I knew how to program apps I would make a full featured mach3/machinist app. Like this, but imagine being able to switch screens and get information from mach, like having the ipod show what the speed is currently set to. Hit a button, switch to mpg. Hit a button to go to a speeds/feeds calculator. Hit a button play sudoku. An alarm if a switch gets tripped or the job it complete, if you leave the shop. All within one app. I can dream, can't I?

Pplug, you should download the Warlock pad. It uses the shift and control buttons to a pretty cool effect and gave me some ideas about my next version. I know, I have no life. I got laid-off in November.

Quote Originally Posted by plasidboyy View Post
    Is there any way to set up a button that will change the jog speed to a certain speed, say 40%?
    Sure, the macros in the Aqua screen set do exactly that. They can be tied to a keystroke, at which point WifiPad will then be able to do it.

Best,

BW
    Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
    http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Quote Originally Posted by plasidboyy View Post
    Pplug, you should download the Warlock pad. It uses the shift and control buttons to a pretty cool effect and gave me some ideas about my next version. I know, I have no life. I got laid-off in November.

Unfortunately my pendant design is not being built for Mach. I have to use the Techno G-Code Interface. It is not as scriptable and feature rich as mach 3, but it is what I have to use with the proprietary techno hardware. For example I can't jog diagonal, and I'm not able to change a functions keyboard shortcuts. I do have another machine that I built from an old ROI Omis cmm that does run Mach 3 and it only has a 24" X 21" area so the keyboard works perfect.

My biggest CNC Dream is for someone to make a Techno plugin for Mach 3. I would even pay real money for it! I bet other people would as well......

does anybody know of software to do this wireless button thing, but just on a pda thing, cos i dont have a iphone thing?

Hey plasidboyy,
    I just want to say thanks for the updated gamepad file. Techno just released an update to their own software that makes my gamepad file obsolete. I've been using yours since then. I posted your file and picture in the Techno forum with credit going to you. I think your work has largely gone unnoticed. Thats too bad because you really did a great job and the whole pendant thing works really well.

I hope you have found a job and everything is good.
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Not quite an Iphone but this keyboard works very well with mach 3 and it has a touchpad so you have mouse control too...

Buy the Adesso Wireless Mini USB Keyboard at TigerDirect.ca
    DPRouter 4'x8'x8", Rockcliff Driver, 425oz. Nema23, 2HP, Belt drive xy, Acme z,
    400ipm rapids, 120ipm safe cut

Wow! Its cool!
    Great thanks for the skin, plasidboyy
    here is my video (sorry for Russian )

That's cool Art. Give's me inspiration to make mine work too. Is there a 4th axis jog mode?

To give you guys a extra easy to configure option you should look at Hippo Remote. HippoRemote Pro — Wireless Keyboard, Trackpad, and Remote Control You are able to customize everything. Background can be anything. Buttons can have multiple key press's. You can have 5 layouts that you can access with a swipe of a button and 25 keys on each page. I choose 12 as it is easy and no accidents. Here is the Video

This is just awesome...

Can't wait for a Ipad version of Hippo or Wifipad....

anything for windows mobile (pocket-pc)
    ...He who makes no mistakes makes nothing! ...
    Tom

Page 2 of 2 12