Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
You can very easily plug and play connect to the c and cnc torch height control. The 65 (and 85) have a built in voltage divider (if ordered with the cpc interface connector) and the divider output ratio is adjustable. If you know the ratio of the c and cnc voltage divider, then you can bypass it and connect directly to the analog input of the THC circuitry, although I would suggest verifying the connections with Tom at C and CNC.

Raw arc voltage can be as high as almost 300 vdc. If we built a unit with that voltage on the interface connector the unit could not be sold under the CSA or CE electrical safety certifications that are required in most countries. Also, remember that where you have connected to the raw voltage...you also have full output current. If you are using small gauge wiring, and you have some type of short, the wiring will burn up in seconds! May be a good idea to put some fuses on that raw voltage circuit! It is safest and best to divide the voltage to a safe, usable level inside the plasma power supply. I think we will see some of the companies that produce THC systems for plasma changing their interface methods....we are trying to make it as easy as possible with this new voltage divider feature.

In regards to squaring the torch. I never assume the torch is square to the plate unless I can actually put the square from torch to plate on two axis. I was just saying that is easier with a machine torch and not so easy with a hand torch. It is more costly for sure to have both hand and machine torch.....but to me, much faster and easier to have both. Over time it will prove to be cheaper.

Jim
The CandCNC has to have RAW arc volts. So no direct plug and play.