Hi,

Last year I had a quick look at the thesis posted at UWA (cant find it now, the link is broken). Quite an involved project as I recall, re-creating a new control electronics etc...

I also have one of these V300 mills which was completely dismembered by the previous owner..! Does anyone have a pdf copy of the maintenance manuals for the mill, Hercus no longer supports these machines.

I'd like to be able to use the original spindle drive (I have several drives in working, near new condition), but have no idea how it was hooked up. I know on the Compulathe it has a resolver coupled to the spindle which provides both feedback & index position for threading... but I cannot see any location where the resolver would be attached on the mill's spindle...? Any ideas - pictures would be very helpful. I am hoping that if I can hook it up correctly I'll be able to program and run a tapping cycle.

p.s. my Compulathe is in original condition and still running with the Hercus/ ANCA control... quite remarkable for 25 year old technology.

Dan