587,419 active members*
3,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Shopping for a Chinese laser

Hi, this is my first post here, but I've been surfing the site for a few days now. Lots of information to process. Excellent help, and friendly people. So here's my situation, I'm starting up a sign shop (long story, but not my first one) I will be specializing in sandblast signs, and laser engraving. I have been shopping for a laser that is less than $10,000, and it has to fit these parameters, 900x600mm or larger cutting area, pass through doors to allow longer media to be put in the machine. A US based sales rep or reseller, someone close to Atlanta would be nice, but I'm probably asking a lot there. I have found rabbitusa and they fit every need except being close to Atlanta, but I may still go with them. What I like about Rabbitusa is they will deliver it, set it up, align the laser, and teach you how to use it. It's pretty much a turnkey once they leave it with you. But I am also practical and would like to see what other lasers on the market have US based Reps, or resellers so I can compare prices and service. But I'm having limited luck, I keep finding reps in the UK, and plenty of other countries except USA. So I would like to hear from everyone here, and see if you know of any other companies.

Okay, so Rabbit will do all this? Does the Chinese company actually have a legitimate US company on contract to perform the work?

Paul

Rabbit laser does not, this guy does. http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com/ He is located in Ohio. He imports them, and sells/services them. I haven't found much info on him, but he seems on the level.

A got a 1290 several months ago from Scott, You really won't need any help setting it up if you are mechanically inclined, can watch some cheezy videos and parse the information from them. It's not difficult to find the info you need, Scottware has all the software and manuals and such you can ftp from.

Contacting Ray at http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com/ is probably the best option given your budget, but since you want it for a full time sign shop I'd also suggest contacting ULS, Epilog etc... and discuss lease options.

Zax.

I found this in Internet

We bought our laser engraver from Legacy Laser’s - Laser Engraving, Laser engraver and cutters
    The support we recived from Dean has been great. We also like the 2 year warranty you get with the machne