587,541 active members*
4,150 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Hoss's G0704

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by amyers View Post
    Stay strong Hoss, there are lots of us that really appreciate what you do for the forum.
    Do your best to ignore the trouble makers.
    AW
    Thanks, glad to help,
    I'll keep at it despite the kids.
    Hoss
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

Wow man....

I cannot tell you how much this really sucks..... Watching all of this nonsense is really annoying. I realize that you and Ray have not gotten along for some time now and that is fine but I gotta say that it is a DAMN shame that is the way it is. Believe me I do not think I have to tell you how much you have inspired me with all of your interesting goings on in your shop. You are definitely one of the most interesting fellows on this forum. However, ray has also been a seriously helpful contributor to many on here including me. I have received many PMs and even talked personally with him on the phone when he had something that he thought might help me with my build. Bob Warfield is also a major contributor here as well as his well known and even more well done website is evidence of that. Personally I could give a rats ass whose mill is faster or whatnot, mine is not that fast but it has proven to be able to get away from me way faster than I can react a time or two...

What DOES matter here is that ALL of you guys are inspirations to those of us out here that have much to learn and watch and read and glean whatever we can from your endeavors success or failure.... I can honestly say that without the help and ideas of guys like you fellas my machine would not be a reality today. There have been MANY on here that have given ideas and information willingly that has spurred my build and I cannot personally thank you guys enough. I realize these forums can get crazy sometimes and people surely can say things that can come off as sounding sarcastic or rude. I am QUITE sure I have done it a time or two... If I have ever offended anyone on here I sincerely apologise..... But the reality is that this forum is more of a resource for this stuff than most on here realize. If you do a google search for ANYTHING that is CNC related you will quickly see that the top few entries are CNC zone stuff..... Why is that? Because of the variety of interesting and knowledgeable people on here that FREELY contribute and help others unselfishly ALL THE TIME!!! I am quite proud to be a part of this community and value it's information for my current projects and those future projects that I do not even understand yet....

So in short please take a step back here and think about what you post and how you post it more importantly, we are all human and can make mistakes and as has been said the written word leaves much to be misunderstanded often. Cooler heads MUST prevail and let's continue talking about what we learn from each other and not wether or not ours is better than yours.... peace

Pete