587,395 active members*
3,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

4th axis questions

I am playing around with Featurecam 2007 and having some fun. It seemed real easy to use up until this point. I have no problem creating 2.5D features but now I am trying to create a part that will be fixtured on a 5c indexer so it can be manually rotated and machined at 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree angles on my Haas Mini Mill. I can get the setups to show each set of cuts but not all together. I tried to turn on the 4th axis and that seemed to flip the part after each cut and cause a gouge. when I had the part rotating around the X axis like I want it. When I change the Stock axis to rotate around the Y axis it completes the simulation for the first setup but appears to flip the part and cut the profile from the bottom of the part. I have not worked on more than the first setup because I do not want to get too far and waste my time if it is not going to work as I want it to. Can anyone give me some pointer as to the right way to approach this? I am in over my head on this one.

Thanks,
    Marc

Let's see if I get this right. Go to your stock page and click on indexing tab. Leave if on no multi-axis positioning and check generate a single program and all your setups will be run at one time with a stop between setups. Let me know----