587,485 active members*
3,220 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 64 of 71 14546263646566
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1418
    Hi

I am interested in building the R & P version of this machine, extended out to 4' x 8'. I am yet to buy plans, but could someone tell me whether all of the MDF and HDPE parts are capable of being cut by a machine with 25" x 25" cutting area. ie, what are the dimensions of the largest parts?

Thanks

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Tisr View Post
    Hi

I am interested in building the R & P version of this machine, extended out to 4' x 8'. I am yet to buy plans, but could someone tell me whether all of the MDF and HDPE parts are capable of being cut by a machine with 25" x 25" cutting area. ie, what are the dimensions of the largest parts?

Thanks

Dan
    yes you will be able to cut all the parts out on a machine that size, you will just need to get a little creative with nesting the parts.
    Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Tisr,
    I'm pretty sure that no part of the Hybrid is bigger then 25x25".

Sorry, I don't remember the size of the largest part, and I don't have my plans with me at the moment because I'm away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Glidergider View Post
    Tisr,
    I'm pretty sure that no part of the Hybrid is bigger then 25x25".

Sorry, I don't remember the size of the largest part, and I don't have my plans with me at the moment because I'm away from home.
    Parts are nested on 24x48 sheets biggest is at 20 inches.

Guys

Thanks for coming back to me with those dimensions. Just to clarify - are those dimensions for the R&P machine or the lead screw version?

Dan

Both can be cut on your machine.
    Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Ok. Thanks very much

Has anyone modified the 4x4 with a variable speed spindle? Most of my work is with wood, so the router is find for that. But I've been kicking around the idea of using the small machine (1X2ft) to cut non wood materials some requiring much higher or lower speeds than the router can normally do.

Thanks,
    Steven
    If you cut it to small you can always nail another piece on the end, but if you cut it to big... then what the hell you gonna do?

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by sdantonio View Post
    Has anyone modified the 4x4 with a variable speed spindle? Most of my work is with wood, so the router is find for that. But I've been kicking around the idea of using the small machine (1X2ft) to cut non wood materials some requiring much higher or lower speeds than the router can normally do.

Thanks,
    Steven
    I believe we have three people now who has installed the Chinese spindles. and working well.
    Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Deleted by Joe:
    Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Axial force

Does any know how to calculate the axial load

Quote Originally Posted by ACB CNC View Post
    Does any know how to calculate the axial load
    Try this.

http://www.engineersedge.com/gears/s...alculation.htm
    Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Is there anything to find the axial load And radial force on the spindle that is cutting with a 2 flute end mill by using the feed per tooth, axiail depth of cut, radial depth of cut, tool dia and rpm?

Unhappy about Joes forum

This is not a bad machine but, joes forum has really gone down hill in my eyes. I'm sad to say that things have really gotten sad over there. People have been kick off, Rights have been taken away from some and not others, he is even blocking statistics of how many people have joined. I believe he's afraid to let others see these statistics for some weird reason. I'm so sad about it, I only go there once in a great while, anymore. It use to be my highlight of the day to see how everyone is doing on their build. But not anymore :-( it's just so, When I do make it in there I do not see the support that use to be there. Yes, people are helping from time to time but no where near like it was before. I understand there is a lot of info there already but still, its not right to take people rights away after you have given it to them. Anyway, I just feel I needed to say this.

I do have to say that I'm happy with the machine though and that I would recommend it. Just wish the support was there still. (wedge)

I am sorry to hear you say that, but you bought the rights to use a machine plan that was made by Joe, not the forum or anything else. Joe has the right to manage the members and the forum preferences anyway he sees fit, we are playing in his sandbox.

I am not aware of any topic over there that has been a help topic where people have not jumped in to help figure out the problem. There has also been abuse of Joe's good will, and those have been addressed.

Your last comment I believe is completely off base, and I hope that you change your mind about it some day. I have never seen someone with a problem that almost all of the available members have not jumped in and helped them figure it out.

Just like any community, there are always problems to address, but I think that have been addressed in the way that they should have, and now we can move on from that.

Yes, the forums has slowed down somewhat, but the main purpose and foremost purpose of the forum is to be a support forum for people building the machine which i have always stated, but it goes above and beyond that. The discussion about the machine has lessen, yes, as the forum grows the people can search for an answer instead of just posting a question. But the forum also contains so much more information and many other topics about what people are doing with the machine and examples.

The economy and unemployment plays a role in any diy forum but I am positive it will get better we are already starting to see a light improvement in unemployment as a whole.
    Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

My .02 cents

rfeatherhawk,

I completed my machine almost over a year ago and where we are in agreement is; the machine runs great I too am very happy with it. Would build another in a second. Where we disagree is the support of the forum. I still visit each day to monitor the threads and never have seen anyone post a question which never received a reply. As Joe stated, there are numerous threads in the archives so if folks use the search most will find and answer. Support is 100 percent, I too would like you to show me a post where someone was unsatisfied with the help.

There are also numerous developments going on all the time with the 4X4, the rack and pinion upgrade is taking off, people are making their machines larger and not to mention the overall creativity of folks sharing their work. Much more active than the shopbot forum by the way.

As Swaggs stated, Joe has the right to manage the members and the forum preferences anyway he sees fit, we are playing in his sandbox.
    I'm sure it's no different here, I have seen posts closed or removed because they didn’t serve any purpose. Any forum will have problems, just like any community. When you find that place that is perfect let me know I would love to join in.

By the way, I don't know Joe or have any affiliation with the site other than being a satisfied builder. I think that gives me the right to offer my .02 cents. I'm sure you may check my posts, there are not many. I'm guilty of receiving more information than giving. My excuse is simple, I'm not very knowledgeable of CNC and yet, I built and now operate the machine almost daily. Now if that’s not a testament to Joe's hybrid then nothing is.

Just my opinion
    Mick

my .02 cents

I just want to shout out a big cheer for Joe and Joe's forum. I was there at the start, and I still visit about twice a week. I've learned a lot during my association with Joe and his pals. If it's getting slow, I haven't noticed.

By the way, the 2nd generation of the Hybrid is looking awesome. I haven't upgraded yet, but I'm sure I will soon. Of course I'm talking about the rack and pinion generation.
    Take care,
    Dave

I think that a few bad apples tried to spoil the batch on the forum. Nothing has changed and as others have stated above there has always been and always will be excellent support for members there. People come and go, it is the nature of the way it is. I think it's important for people to know that the direction of the forum has always been in the best interest of the members and nothing else motivated the decisions made. Any limitation that has been spoken of was merely to protect the forum and the members from solicitation that was a bit out of hand from particular member(s) who had abused the forum.

Just finished the New CastCNC Top for Joe's 4X4 machine, this is a modification to the basic 4X4 in either Acme rod or R&P. Mine is done from an acme rod version of Joe's basic 4X4 machine. Here's some pictures of the completed machine.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XYZ complete 001 resized.jpg   XYZ complete 002 resized.jpg   XYZ complete 003 resized.jpg  

Page 64 of 71 14546263646566