587,221 active members*
3,129 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

bridgeport series 2 interact 4

I had lost the parameters in this machine and I have since re-entered all but I cannot get the power drawbar to work. I am not familiar with the 2500 control but I tried a M06 and the quill went up and hit the hard limit and errored out. I rehomed machine and I manually raised the quill with handwheel until I saw the proximity switch at the top light up and then tried and nothing. I checked the parameter sheets and you had to put a 66 in 4310.2 when you have the power draw bar option and thats the only thing I could find related to this. I also want to note that when I home the machine it hits the soft limit then goes the other way and stops and is satisfied. Does the same on x,y,and z. I used to run a series 1 interact 2 with 151 control and from what I remember it would hit the soft limit in one direction and stop and then it was good to go. Maybe they changed design? I did call rick kobiack @ heidenhain to see if it was the control and he said that this would have been bridgeports parameters. I did chase 24 volts going into the control when I hit button but nothing coming out to fire cr9. and I did jumper 24v over to the distrbution board terminal that runs to the solenoid and it worked fine. any ideas? thanks!

Interact 4 tool change

The air pressure supplied should be at least 8o psi. Try using an M25 to retract the spindle to the proper tool change position. Check that the software limits and hard stop are set correctly. Your right on parameter 4310.2. It is set to 66 to activate tool changer. Any other number will deactivate the tool changer. Green light must be on. Check release of emergency stop button.

Thanks for the info. I think I tried M25 with same results and I know air pressure is 125psi and the green light has voltage although its burned out so I jumpered across to make sure that that wasnt problem.( Any sources for 24 volt 2w bulbs ?) Since I dont know squat about setting the hard or soft limits is there any info on the web or a manual for this machine I can purchase? Thanks!

Power drawbar

I was able to locate a bulb and this is what it is doing. When you power up from the main the light is on. Control does memory check then e string then wants to home. The first axis is z and when its done it shuts the light off.Turns out the voltage is always @ the socket but loses its ground thru I think cr10. Im thinking that with the drawbar option you have to key in a mo6 or m25 and I cant perform this until I get the soft limits reset(it will run right into hard limit and error out) and I dont have a clue how to do this. Help!

heidenhaine website has the manual, if i remember correctlyfor soft limits you put the mode into absolute then use the handwheel to move axi's bout a half inch from the limit switch. write the absolute coordinates for each axis (two #'s for each) down then input them into the x y and z positive and negative limits good luck

limits

Thanks Its up and running!