587,129 active members*
3,042 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: fagor forum

Page 4 of 4 234

DNC Cable for fagor/Quintax machines

Does anyone know the correct sizing/type of cable needed to hook up to 6 machines with the 8055 controls.
    Should be no more than 200' in length from hub.
    Is it just an 'ethernet cable' plus hub?
    thanks-harry

Maybe someone here can help me, I'm learning on my own how to program our cnc mill at school it's a GANESH (Something) with a Fagor 8055 controler. I don't know G-code so I figured out how to write the profile on the Fagor unit. I also was able to get the profile and other holes into a program. We were also able to figure out how to get the unit to graph the planned tool path. All without error. Now when we try to execute the program the fagor unit claims it's executing but the bed doesn't move and the mill will not respond even when canceling out of the program and trying to move the axis with the hand wheel? The only way to move the axis is by resetting the computer. When we try to graph the output it shows it running with no problem and going to home for manual tool changes when needed, no auto tool changer. Could some problem be that it's waiting for our non existant tool changer to say "it's all good, now go cut again"?

It appears that you are programming the movement with G95(feed in mm/rev)and have not added a spindle rotation command with speed .Try adding a block like Sxx M03/M04 in the start of the program.Here Sxx denotes the RPM(eg.S500),M03 denotes c.w.rotation and M04 denotes c.c.w. rotation.You will get the detailed fagor programming and operating guide at www.fagorautomation.com

Dipankar Bhattacharya

Quote Originally Posted by hrlsmith View Post
    Does anyone know the correct sizing/type of cable needed to hook up to 6 machines with the 8055 controls.
    Should be no more than 200' in length from hub.
    Is it just an 'ethernet cable' plus hub?
    thanks-harry
    You just need normal ethernet cables into the nettwork. set up the IP adress at the fagor controll and insert the same ip in the setup in winDNC and you are ready. of course your computer most be in the same network. Works exelent

I have also tested to use a crossed ethernet cable directly form control to the computer but with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by onubaja View Post
    Maybe someone here can help me, I'm learning on my own how to program our cnc mill at school it's a GANESH (Something) with a Fagor 8055 controler. I don't know G-code so I figured out how to write the profile on the Fagor unit. I also was able to get the profile and other holes into a program. We were also able to figure out how to get the unit to graph the planned tool path. All without error. Now when we try to execute the program the fagor unit claims it's executing but the bed doesn't move and the mill will not respond even when canceling out of the program and trying to move the axis with the hand wheel? The only way to move the axis is by resetting the computer. When we try to graph the output it shows it running with no problem and going to home for manual tool changes when needed, no auto tool changer. Could some problem be that it's waiting for our non existant tool changer to say "it's all good, now go cut again"?
    Maybe you could post your code here and maybe we could see the problem...

I would post my code but I wrote the program as canned cycles on the controler and didn't write the code for my part. I wrote my profile by inputing the (x,y) coordinates in a 2-D path and drawing lines/ arcs for the profile.

G'day everyone
    I require some assistance with a Fagor 800T on a used lathe I bought about a year ago. We finally fired it up today but it keeps bringing up an error code PLC 26. Could anyone please advise how to deal with this? The machine was in working order when removed from previous owner.
    Thanks
    David

Page 4 of 4 234