587,852 active members*
3,997 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > X3 begineer need help

X3 begineer need help

Hi
    I am a begineer mastercam programmer. I downloded tutorial 7 and got my geometry done it went well but after that i follow the process to to creat 3-D wirefram did exactly as it says, but in isometric view I dont get z depth view. it looks like flat drawing. Most probably my starting was not right. May be I did not got the first page A-4 right. What is on page A-1thru A-6 etc?
    I did work with ver.6 long time ago. I used surf cam 11 years ago and then on Gibbs for last 6 years. I am trying to be a self learner with past experience.
    Please help me and if any gentel man like to help me with his e-mail that I can use time to time to ask him some question.
    I am new to this site, Please help me so I can move ON.
    Thank You all. I really apriciate any help.
    Amar

Can you get any 3D to work? try drawing a square switch view and go to solid at the top and choose extrude and select the square with the chain ring logo and hit ok.

If you have 3D in the other views you have 3D in ISO too. Just try rotating it a little bit manually.

Amar,

Below are some resources that may help.

Surface CD Link:
    http://cad2cam.net/mastercamx_basic_surface%20.html

Solid video Link:
    http://cad2cam.net/solids1.htm

Steve Arteman
    www.cad2cam.net
    [email protected]
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor

Can you share your file so we can see what you have done and how to fix it. I was wondering to about how you used the planes to build.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .