587,917 active members*
3,457 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Super X3 motor not running

Hello,

Something went wrong the other day.....

The motor on my Super X3 now wont turn.... it turns by hand... not by power.

On the rpm dispaly it shows "Err"

I have read something about this before, but i really need some step by step instructions and what to check and how.....

I hope someone can help as i'm "f*!ked without it running... and i'm hopeless with electronics...

Cheers

MotoGems.

Make sure the daughter card is pushed all the way into its socket. Test pull all motor wires for poor crimps. Does it beep when you turn it on? Do you hear the relay close?

Do you still have the quill DRO installed? That has been known to short out the control board and burn up the whole motor control system.

CR.
    http://crevicereamer.com
    Too many PMs. Email me to my name plus At A O L dot com.

try cycling your green tapping buttons. Mine have gotten bad connection freeze the electronics up. I've even had to remove them to get the machine to run again.

Hello,

Today i seem to be able to make the motor spin...

I removed the cover, and pulley and drive belt... it spins if i give it a "push"... i makes an awful noise... like the bearing are stuffed... or something is broken... It doesn't seem to make any power as when i attatch the pulley and drive belt it doesn't want to spin.....

Seems like it might be in the motor itself.....

what do you think?

When i turn the machine on i turn the emergency stop.. it beeps at me and i can hear the relay close.... the green light is on..

I have removed the tapping handles completely..... don't want them to be in the way...

I'll check the wires at the back just in case and let you know on my progress...

I can get spare parts... eg motor.. circuit board locally... but i'm not sure at what cost or how long..

Cheers

MotoGems

Hello,

Here is what has happened so far....

I removed the motor and did some testing... the motor itself seemed to be OK. I removed the cover that i think is the speed control... with the 5 wires going into it.... one of the wires was broken... not sure if it was from me pulling the cover off or something else...

So i had it soldered back on and it seems to run fine... BUT.... it doesn't start spinning... i have to give it a flick and it sometimes works... most time it shows Err on the digital speedo....

So, it seems to run fine, i have still done some cutting... until the whole thing doesn't work i wont try anything more...

I might look at replacing the small circuit board on that front panel... where the speed and start stop buttons are....

Not sure where to look actually for the fault....

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

MotoGems