587,492 active members*
3,621 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 92 of 422 42829091929394102142192
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 8430

Hello.....I just purchased a 48x96 TECHNO ROUTER. It was between it and the Multicam. Hope I made the wright decision. Any way glad to find this forum. Im sure I will get a lot from it.
    Keith from Houston Texas
    Owner of I- 45 Signs

Short time site surfer. Not entirerly new to cnc, but limited in time of use. Still a lot of language to learn. I have always taught myself, which takes longer. But must make own mistakes to know what not to do. Latest tool is Prototrak SMX-3 axis retrofit to a Willis Microcut 3 HP 10 x 50 Mill. Installed about Jan '09, but haven't been able to spend much time on it due to ailling Mother. Just recently had some time to get to know this system. One thing I am haveing trouble with is seeing how to thread mill a pipe thread. I don't see how to tell it to move the Z for the taper. I thread mill from the bottom up, no particular reason. Just like it that way.
    Krutch

Mentally confused and prone to wandering!

Been in the trade since '83, machineing since '77. Own shop since '97. No bank payments to worry over. Loner forever! Not much else to intrest anyone.

Question Education and learning

This might not be the right place for this question, but I could not figure out how to start a new thread, so this seemed the next logical place to ask;
    If one wants to study Digital Fabrication and Rapid Prototyping which colleges and universities should one look at?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    This might not be the right place for this question, but I could not figure out how to start a new thread...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340

Post #1 of the link above tells you how to start a thread.

BTW: Welcome to the "Zone"!

Randy,
    I may not be good....
    But I am S L O W!!

I am new to the forum and will build a cnc wood router, so this seems like the place to glean all the info that I need. Thanks for your great site and all the contributers. Rich.

Hello, this is my first time on the forum and the great site. I am going to build a cnc wood router and have undoubtedly come to the right place. Thanks for all the info to the contributors. Rich

New here. Just dropping in to say hello.

Heinz

New to the forum fund it while trying to do some research on an old ill at where I work.

I personally own an 8x12 HF lathe that i thought about making CNC when i get the extra cash. Was going to adapt the plans I got from a torrent site for a 7x10. Other than reading a little bit on CNC and some drawlings i have no CNC experiance.

Post Hello World...

Hi,

I am very new to this forum, but this is my second post, the first one is here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...939#post758939

my name is Zaid Pirwani, am from Pakistan. I am not a PRO, am a student, just started my Industrial Electronics course.... I am very fascinated by CNCs and am thinking of going in the direction of CNCs for my career....

I have made my first PCB routing machine, but I am lacking the software, I am currently controlling it manually b joystick, need help in that matter, thats why I posted the first post about it....

I am great with computers and now am starting with electronics.

I am a Web Designer, Programmer, Virtual Assistance Provider, Technical Consultant, Electronics NEWBIE, etc.....

This is quite a BIG community..... looks like I will be visiting this forum QUITE OFTEN.......

Hi there....
    I'm newbie from Romania and i want to say HI to all.....
    I'm not newbie in electronics but i need help in some CNC - related matters...

Hello –
    I have come to CNCzone before but did not get active with it, I am not sure of why?
    But never the less, I am here today!!

To tell you a little about myself – I live in Wichita, Ks and of course I am like so many others, I am unemployed.
    My work history in manufacturing and production is about 20 years.
    I have learned and operated a Mori Seki MV55 with Fanuc 11M controls for a company called Chance Rides Engineering for about 5 yrs.
    For those who are not familiar with Chance just think of amusement rides and small trains.
    But all this was over 8 yrs ago and I have been out of circulation with CNC and machine shop work. (I know I should never have done that!)
    What have I been doing since then?
    Well…I have been working with machine operation in manufacturing plastic bags and working with the Blind and visually impaired.
    I also have about 6 yrs in their QA dept.
    Enough about me at this time, I would love to hear from others, no matter where you are at and what is happening in your life.
    Please drop me a line sometime.

Doodles

hey all, i just built the whole structure for a wood cnc with a 2' x 4' work area. i have the parts and screw setup for the y & z axis but im stumped on how to move the x axis.
    the guys at probotix are awesome and they diddnt just try to sell me anything. im leaning towards a belt or chain drive system but ill need the parts and a clue. please help, where do i find these parts. Chris.

New G28 on the Block

Hi, I'm here looking to absorb as much info as I can (especially realted to DIY projects). I am in a machining class in college and I'm looking to come out of here with some decent, useable machines that I built. Right now I'm toying with the creation of a small CNC mill that I have the castings for. I love projects and have access to a lot of equipment and material so any suggestions/ideas for things to build are welcome.

Hi guys, just came accross this site and it looked like it would have some interesting reference material on it. See you all soon.

PS, is this server always this slow?

Adam

Hi to everyone I'm UK based, I've been around but not posted anything yet but I will do so in the future I an ex cnc programmer and machine man also a cad jockey in Solidworks.Now that Im retired Ive got time for my projects.
    I've go a 9 x 20 lathe and a lovely little mill http://www.amadeal.co.uk/acatalog/AMA25LV.html you can see it here but Im already getting tired of handballing the table backwards and forwards so Im thinking to power the x axis with a stepper motor ,just got to figure the electronics side for direction +X -X and stop.
    Any way Ive run on to long just came to say hi.
    Ricko

Hello

Hello, I'm interested in the craft and actually found this forum while trying to find a school.
    I'm currently a licensed electrician, out of work due to the economy and it seems I may need to start over once again....
    Anyway, I figured I would go for a career inside, but still being able to use my hands and my mind.
    Look forward to meeting some of you and learning as I go.

Sarge
    Austin, TX

Hello... I live in New Hampshire in the US....I just got my very first cnc machine put together, wired up and running... i got to play with the steppers and drivers for a few weeks before my V90 finally got ordered so by the time it showed up i had most of the bugs worked out.... this is going to be a very useful machine and a very fun hobby... can't wait till i can run more than 500 lines of code to it

Introductions are in order....

Hello my name is Chris Whitefield,
    I am a prospective machine shop owner, I am a graduate of an extremely good Machine shop course at our local tech school (As indicated in our trade school competition through skills USA I placed 4th in state last year and my friend placed 4th in nationals) I have 2 years of on the job machining experience (6 months saw room and materials, 1 year 4 months on a manual, and about a month CnC) I am now about a month from finishing a second tech school program in business entrepreneurship. I have read on this forum for more than a year but decided to join in order to ask questions and post on things i feel i have a modicum of expertise in.
    I am keenly interested in any advice on starting my machine shop I have a lot of ideas and concepts but Im having a hard time zeroing in on a specific starting point.

Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I am working in a CNC-service company with all brands of machines.

Hello everyone, I have run CNC's some 10 years ago and got an opportunity to run a laser machine. As my name states I have PT-SD and I joined this forum to feel at ease at running a CNC again :cheers:

Page 92 of 422 42829091929394102142192