587,338 active members*
3,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 275 of 587 175225265273274275276277285325375
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 11734

Clean up?

Hello everyone,

I was wonering if anyone can draw this shield better than what I have done. I am trying to get 2 nice even lines around the shield.

Then of course I was trying to draw the same shield with a slight arc across the top of the shield pointing down. I thought this would be easy. Wish I had the old version of autocad that I used in school back in 87.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Arrow Shield

Quote Originally Posted by mlind View Post
    shield with a slight arc across the top of the shield pointing down.
    Is the yellow version close to what you need?

It can be modified.

Hello everyone,

I was wonering if anyone can draw this shield better than what I have done. I am trying to get 2 nice even lines around the shield.

Then of course I was trying to draw the same shield with a slight arc across the top of the shield pointing down. I thought this would be easy. Wish I had the old version of autocad that I used in school back in 87.

Thanks in advance.

2 more sheilds.
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Switcher and Weldtutor

Thank you so much...

I appreciate the help, you guys are always bailing me out.....
    If there is ever anything I can do for you just holler.

I'll post pictures when I cut them.

Best Regards...

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Use the offset command and specify the distance.

Gene

Thanks Gene,

I appreciate the info I'll try that too.

Quote Originally Posted by easymike29 View Post
    Use the offset command and specify the distance.

Gene

Hello Everyone,

Been working on my first sign. Looks like it's pretty "together" until I try running it on my cutting software. "Torch" will run from lower left corner to top of small "e" and freeze. When I fill it diagonal lines are drawn across it. Have tried reducing nodes and generally fooled with it for days in every other way.

Can someone please make it ready to cut or tell me what's wrong? Thanks for any help, it's been kicking my butt!
    Bill B.

Thanks for working on it tpsega. Looks a lot different but still not right.
    Bill B.

Bill,
    what is your email...it wont let me upload your file....
    Visit www.manuals-depot.com Many tractor manuals available

Thanks! Sent you a PM
    Bill B.

This is the Corel .cdr file of the Braun's sign. I use a Mac on the web, used Stuffit Dropstuff to create the zip file. Thanks for any help. It's a big sign, about 94 x 28."
    Bill B.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill B. View Post
    This is the Corel .cdr file of the Braun's sign. I use a Mac on the web, used Stuffit Dropstuff to create the zip file. Thanks for any help. It's a big sign, about 94 x 28."

The reason you are having problems with your dxf file is, the .cdr file has a bunch of broken vectors.

What I mean by broken vectors is (see screenshot below) the vectors are open, they need to form a continuous chain of connected nodes around each area of the drawing.

The start point & end point have got to be the same exact X & Y location to form a complete closed loop.

What will happen sometimes is that a vector drawing program will try & close the loop by creating it's own new straight line from the start to end point, If you don't close the loop on your own.

The screenshot below is zoomed in 1500% on the area that the deer nose connects to the uppercase letter "B". Notice all the wild & open end lines, that need to be closed or deleted.

Once the cdr file has all the open vectors closed, your dxf should be correct.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8.PNG  
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Thanks for looking at it for me Switcher.

If there was an unbroken line there wouldn't the torch cut it?
    Bill B.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill B. View Post
    Thanks for looking at it for me Switcher.

If there was an unbroken line there wouldn't the torch cut it?

Yea, If the line wasn't broke the torch should follow the path just fine.

It's all those broken lines that Corel is trying to close, that is messing with your files.

If 2 line ends cross each other, that is still an open vector, like in the screenshot from my last post (upper left green circle).

That same screenshot shows a small group of stray vector lines, that would create a mess while cutting with a torch, not to mention for every little open vector line (remember I zoomed in 1500%) the torch would keep stricking arcs. With those lines being so small/short it might look like something is wrong with your torch (on/off, etc..).
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Thanks again Switcher. Maybe I understand.

One thing that confuses me is that I don't want it to cut there, and if the line was continuous it would. If the intesections were just clean and didn't continue across the overlap of text and art would the problem be solved? When I converted to a dxf file it looks like the image shows problem areas. I don't want to cut the letters free of the long rectangle for example, or the elks nose from the B, or many other similar places.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails braungrab.jpg  
    Bill B.

Question

Bill B,

Is this what you want?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for working on it. Brought it over to the shop, torch will run for about 2.7" from lower left corner and stall in the rectangle. Open dxf file on my Mac doesn't have diagonal lines anymore though. Must be closer to correct than what I posted.

Any advice on different width lines to make it easier to see and edit? Or different color line and background in Corel? Just realized I can type in a zoom value higher than the default 400% it goes to.

Maybe I understand Switcher's advice this way; if a couple of lines intersect, continue and then end, that is broken vector. Not if they intersect, end cleanly there and continue on the other side where elements of sign "overlap." Correct?

I admit my ignorance. Been studying all this for weeks non stop, still lots to learn. Began a couple of months ago knowing nothing about Corel, Windows and everything else involved.

Thanks again for everyone's help.
    Bill B.

Bill B,

Try this one out, you have lots of fragments in the file you originally generated.
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Bill B,

I believe this one should finally do the job.

Sorry for multiple bad attempts.

Jeff...

Page 275 of 587 175225265273274275276277285325375