587,731 active members*
3,027 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Anyone use PartMaker Mill-Turn Or Mill

Hybrid View

All I would like to say, is that your sales people should be honest about what your software can and can not do.

Bill you were very helpful and knowledgable about your sofware.

I feel that partmaker is making posts for many machines and does not have time to or does not want to spend the money to test the post to ensure they work properly.

Glen, that does sound impressive. But, partmaker is supposed to be all about software for lathes especially swiss style. Your lack of knowledge of lathes was very obvious and when I was there this was very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN SOUTH View Post
    All I would like to say, is that your sales people should be honest about what your software can and can not do.

Bill you were very helpful and knowledgable about your sofware.

I feel that partmaker is making posts for many machines and does not have time to or does not want to spend the money to test the post to ensure they work properly.

Glen, that does sound impressive. But, partmaker is supposed to be all about software for lathes especially swiss style. Your lack of knowledge of lathes was very obvious and when I was there this was very frustrating.
    John South,
    I'm one of the PartMaker users and I fully agree with You. They made a soft without testing it. After I generate program I need 1 to 2 hours to get rid of the crap, for simple part I'm able to write the program faster on the paper than using PM. On top of it, drawing is a disaster - let say drawing simple line under the certain angle, I never know wher that f... line is going to arrive. The only good thing about PartMaker is idea of using "faces". The whole thing needs a lot of work, this is just another product like Ms Windows - made to make money not to improve anything.
    Bill and Glen, You Guys need to humble yourselves, stop bull...ing on the forum and think how to improve your soft

I use Partmaker on a daily basis and although there are still post issues I find that most of them are only because I like my programs posted a certain way. They usually work fine, although filled with some redundancies here and there. But I doubt I'll ever get over skimming through the program to check for errors.

It's really very easy to edit your own post guys. Make a copy and start plucking away and testing and I'm sure you'll tune it in in a quicker time than you think. It's certainly a million times easier than editing a Mastercam post to work with a Swiss...

I use Partmaker on a daily basis for Swiss, turnmill, mill and and wire. I have had post problems and rather than fix the posts have been patching the programs together to make them work, It has finally occurred that I am not better than Partmaker at writing programs and in fact editing posts is not all that difficult or time consuming. I have been happy to discuss and moan about its short comings with my work mates in the past but the bottom line is that if it does not work the only person to blame is the operator. I am now fixing the posts I can and getting help with the ones I cant. Partmaker never comes to work in a bad mood or makes mistakes and is therefore better at its job than many people I work with. It works if you do.

I have a Star SR20R PartMaker post that I have all the bugs worked out of using the post editor. But I still like a few things on the SV32J. If you have a Miyano ABX 64 do not even consider a PartMaker post.

I can help you with the angle thing with partmaker. Just remember that after you pick your end point, the next line you pick next to is going to be relative to the angle input you entered. I know it sounds complicated, but once you figure it out, it is simple.

1. enter angle 45.
    2. pick end point.
    3. pick beside the line you want the angle to be ralitive to.
    Example: If you pick on the left side of a 90' line. Your angle will be 135'. Also remember partmaker uses the line closest that you pick to for its ref. So if you make a wrong line get rid of it or else you will have so many lines that you will not be able to tell which line partmaker is using for ref.

I got really flustrated with this software till I figured this out.

hello everyone.
    My name is Ivan and I am student on last year of mechanical engineering.
    Reason way I contact You are my problem with PartMaker.
    I have got trial version from my faculty but we did not got any post procesors . I have read help about editing postprocesor and right now I would like to try to edit some. Because of that I am asking You for favor to send me any postprocesor for 3 axis mill and 4 axis lathe.
    Thanks