587,693 active members*
3,538 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Anyone use PartMaker Mill-Turn Or Mill

Hybrid View

use caution before you buy partmaker

be careful before you purchase partmaker. for a one channel machine it will post fine as would any other package. once you get to two and three channel swiss style equipment the posts require heavy modifications to work properly. we have not used one multi channel machine where partmaker has posted correct numbers "out of the box". the machines would have crashed or just alarmed out.

for an example, after the post for an star sv-20 has been worked on for about two years it still requires hand editing so it can run properly once posted. this type of machine has been around since at least 1998. why doesn't this post work properly by now?

i do not believe that partmaker has spent time with the machine builders to be familiar with thier equipment. i know this for a fact from making calls to different machine tool builders.

Hi John,

I am sorry to hear you have not gotten what you need. I looked for a John South in our records and could not find anyone by that name.

Please also remember that there are many SV models that have been changed over the years.

As we have many SV users and have good relations with Star I do not understand your comments about the manufactures. I am on first name basis with Applications Engineers from Star, Citizen, Tsugami, Mori, Nakamura, and more.

To be quite honest most isssues arise when programmers perfer to change the "Style" of the output. Our posts allow for many situations you might or might now run into. The complextity of the machine and the post are very touchy. Also many times there is just a setting inside the software which needs to be changed.

John, if your still on Maintenance, I would like to help you through these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN SOUTH View Post
    be careful before you purchase partmaker. for a one channel machine it will post fine as would any other package. once you get to two and three channel swiss style equipment the posts require heavy modifications to work properly. we have not used one multi channel machine where partmaker has posted correct numbers "out of the box". the machines would have crashed or just alarmed out.

for an example, after the post for an star sv-20 has been worked on for about two years it still requires hand editing so it can run properly once posted. this type of machine has been around since at least 1998. why doesn't this post work properly by now?

i do not believe that partmaker has spent time with the machine builders to be familiar with thier equipment. i know this for a fact from making calls to different machine tool builders.
    Bill Cain
    www.partmaker.com