587,172 active members*
2,875 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HELP!! mazak spindle problem

I have a mazak vtc 16b. when the spindle is suppose to stop it coasts to a stop and does not lock. the spindle does lock after a tool change.the brake makes noises when the spindle starts and stops. any help appreciated.

What series control do you have on this machine?
    There could be a mechanical slipage between the motor and spindle. If so the motor shaft will come to a complete stop even though the spindle is still slipping. Once the motor comes to a stop the drive unit releases control of the motor to a free run. The spindle which is still rotating grabs the motor shaft and continues to spin freely until it coasts to a stop. This is pretty common on lathes with belt driven spindles, but not so much on direct drive mill machines. Still possible though.

best for check the break

Can you check ?

Maybe some bolt broken !

Onthebumper is probably right. If the belt is slipping the spindle motor will stop, and get a stop signal, but the spindle itself will continue to spin because of momentum. How long have the belts been on this machine?

spindle problem

If there was a slippage problem wouldn't there also be a problem with cutter stall under load? not having this condition. As the spindle is coming to stop on the control it appears the brake is pulsing. Is the brake on the motor or is the motor the brake itself controlled by the drive? The controller is a M-Plus.
    Spindle motor info: Mitsubishi Type SJ-11AW4M - Frame B112F - Date 1997-1
    Thanks for your help

Will the spindle lock after you orient the spindle with an M19? I had a similar problem on an AJV60/120 with an M-Plus controller a few years ago and had to replace the sensor for the spindle orient.

mazak spindle

Yes the spindle locks when spindle orient is performed manually.

Quote Originally Posted by tony y View Post
    If there was a slippage problem wouldn't there also be a problem with cutter stall under load?
    You would think so but this is not always the case. We just had this problem on a spindle a few months ago. After the spindle was replaced (same motor) the problem was gone.

Yes the braking is done with the spindle drive and not with a mechanical device.

Here is an easy check to do. When the spindle has a command it will flash d# (example - d4). When it is not being commanded it will flash C# (example - C4). Run the spindle up to the speed you see the problem at. Have someone watch the drive unit. It should read d#. Command the spindle to stop. If the drive changes to a C# then the motor stopped momentarily. If the drive stayed at d# until the spindle coasts to a complete stop then you may be looking at a parameter problem or the Spindle Drive might be bad.

HELP!! mazak spindle problem

Check the Spindle Parameter SP019, it is the time for acc/decc of motor. The unit for this is 10msec. i.e. if you set 300, it will take 3 seconds to decelerate or accelerate.

Same Problem

Hi

I am undergoing through the same problem.

==> After M19, my spindle orients properly but it jerks suddenly

==> Also if i rotate the Clamped spindle by hand it moves 2 to 3 degrees & again tries to restore its original position.

I think i should increase the clamping force on spindle after M19 - BUT

1. Is it possible to change through Parameter Setting ?
    2. What is the recommeded force ?
    3. What is maximum force & need to know if any consequences are there if the force exceeds maximum limit ?

Thanks...Need Help Urgently.

Ash

I am also attaching the Spindle Parameter dictionary checklist for easy refrence.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

ANYONE HAD TROUBLE WITH MAZAK SPINDLE CHILLER OIL LEAKS???

hello...