Quote Originally Posted by themotorman View Post
I have just received the four welders/plasma cutters I bought from a Chinese company. They arrived quickly and I ma still testing them. They are a cut30 30 amp plasma, a CT416 small tig/plasma/stick and two large machines WSME-200 a combo machine and also a pulse combo called a Super 200P. You can find them under many different names on the web.
The results so far.:
Packaging OK very slight damage.
The Cut30 works great on steel and aluminum has HF start and since this is my first experience with plasma I find it a great tool.
The CT 416 worked fine both plasma tig and stick, no foot control but its a very tiny machine.
The Super 200P has too many knobs,foot control and switches for me to understand without more work so I'll save my report on this and the WSME-200.
General comment about workmanship especially the accessories, even when they are suppose dto be the same there were differences, like the air/gas connectors had different thread some taper seal and some O-ring seal..no good reason for this..
My conclusion so far is to only buy from someone in the USA who will open the unit up check it out and then repack and ship to you with a 1 or 2 year guarantee.
BTW I am an EE so minor problems will not bother me but easily broken or poorly made parts ( as reported in this thread ) do. One last thing the instruction manual is a joke.. why they can't ask an English speaking person to review the writing is also difficult to understand.
He's right, and that company should be GiantTech www.plasmametalcutter.com