587,086 active members*
2,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Don't go for the cheap no name welders. I wouldn't even touch the bottom end lincoln mig. BW is right get a 220v model. I also own a Ready welder that may be just the ticket for you. http://www.readywelder.com/
    On all equipment there are 2 levers...
    Lever "A", and Lever F'in "B"

I would recommend the Millermatic 180 with autoset. For general shop welding it works great. I picked mine up for less than $800. It is spool gun compatible also.

Quote Originally Posted by DSL PWR View Post
    Don't go for the cheap no name welders. I wouldn't even touch the bottom end lincoln mig. BW is right get a 220v model. I also own a Ready welder that may be just the ticket for you. http://www.readywelder.com/
    Great link, never seen one of those before. Do you run it off 3 car batteries and have it on a trickle charger overnight? How long can you use it for?

I should mention that 220v is out of the question the electric panel is in the laundry room and their is only one circuit in the garage so I cant even 'rig' two outlets together for 220v

I was checking out the Canadian Tire Mastercraft welders and they have zero settings but are $150-300. I cant spend a whole lot and a $700 is to high.

I did find this one for $220, it looks better than any of the other cheepies and is cheep enough I don't mind upgrading down the road (I don't even know if I like welding... Its just really handy)