587,424 active members*
3,043 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VF3 Door Locking Procedure

We have three VF3 year 2000 machines but only one of them forbids the operator from opening the doors whilst in motion or when the power is switched off.
    The other two machines allow you to open them but automatically generate an alarm and switches the spindle off etc.
    Is this normal or are the switches faulty? or perhaps a parameter can be set.

They are used machines and have been pretty good. Not had a problem with them until a Health & Safety guy pointed it out today.

The interesting thing is that he failed to pick up the fact that the sliding windows on either side of the machine can be slid up at any time!

Any help would be much appreciated.

I've never heard of a Haas with locking doors, but the Setting 51 controls the Door Hold override which stops the spindle when you open the doors. What are you trying to achieve? HTH

Hi
    Thanks for the reply. Personally I am not trying to achieve anything because to I have no concerns whatsoever in the operating procedures of the machines. However, this outside guy asked the question as to why can you physically open the doors when the machine is in a moving mode, even if doing so turns everything off.

One of the VF3's WILL DEFINATELY FORBID the operator from opening the doors during operation.

The only clue is that all machines are UK sourced. Two of them came from a machine merchant with all the operator settings set at default and all old pgms removed etc. The machine that locks the doors came direct from another shop with all the existing pgms in, tool lenths and aluminium chippings! It seems the shop suddenly closed down. This is a cracking machine. My guess is that it is a simple setting.

This matter only came about when I was leaving the shop following a night shift. I will investigate further when I go in tonight.

Thanks DAVE

You should discuss this with your local dealer. Most of Europe requires interlocks that are not required in the USA.

Haas Automation UK
    Bradgate House
    No 13 Unthank Road
    Norwich, Norfolk
    NR2 2PA, England
    UK
    TEL: +44 (0)1603 760539
    FAX: +44 (0)1603 760542
    [email protected]

Need help! Our shop just bought a new vf-3 Haas machine there is no setting 51 to override door lock once machine is in operation doors lock dont see any parameters either for door lock over ride.

Quote Originally Posted by a_staschak View Post
    Need help! Our shop just bought a new vf-3 Haas machine there is no setting 51 to override door lock once machine is in operation doors lock dont see any parameters either for door lock over ride.
    That is correct. If you go through the threads in this forum you will find this topic has be covered again and again over the past year.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.