587,475 active members*
3,706 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas TM@ control problem

Help Haas TM2 won't boot I have a problem with my Haas TM2. When I turn it on this is what I get:

Copyright 2005 Haas Automation

Initializing control...
    Zero uninitialized data...
    BBU check: 10m found.
    ROM check: found.
    RAM check: found.
    Copy code to RAM
    Moving stack.
    Launching application.

Then the control stops. The screen contiues to have the above messages on it. Has anyone ever experienced this? If so how did you fix the problem. It seem like the operating system isn't loading.

Sounds like you need a service man like myself to come fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Controls View Post
    Sounds like you need a service man like myself to come fix it.
    Had one. $5000 later :devious: He had to replace the processor board. In the beginning I was told it might be the processor board. Cost of $400 to $1600 for the board plus install & travel & what not. Well the board cost $3650. Tech didn't tell me the price until board was installed. I got the old "I've got some good news and some bad news" story. The good is the machine is running the bad news is the board costs $3650. The board does have USB port but it isn't activated.He didn't tell me why its not active just that its not. Not a happy camper at this point. Had the tech told me we can order the board I would have waited. No pressing jobs for the mill at this point. So I just spent 15% of the original cost of the machine to get it running again. Machine is only 3 years old.

ETA: I'm hoping at this point there was some mix up in pricing but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekh View Post
    Had one. $5000 later :devious: He had to replace the processor board. In the beginning I was told it might be the processor board. Cost of $400 to $1600 for the board plus install & travel & what not. Well the board cost $3650. Tech didn't tell me the price until board was installed. I got the old "I've got some good news and some bad news" story. The good is the machine is running the bad news is the board costs $3650. The board does have USB port but it isn't activated.He didn't tell me why its not active just that its not. Not a happy camper at this point. Had the tech told me we can order the board I would have waited. No pressing jobs for the mill at this point. So I just spent 15% of the original cost of the machine to get it running again. Machine is only 3 years old.

ETA: I'm hoping at this point there was some mix up in pricing but I'm not holding my breath.
    You should contact your HFO and if they don't handle it, call Haas in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowRiderr View Post
    You should contact your HFO and if they don't handle it, call Haas in CA.
    It was my HFO. The same place I purchased the machine