587,081 active members*
2,559 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 4 1234
    hey guys would you mind if came too? i'm very new to cnc and was hoping to meet a few people in the brisbane area to talk to and pick their brains. the only thing i have to bring is questions lol.

You are welcome rayder13. By the way, if you don't mind letting us know your first name I'll edit this post. And we'll make up name tags for the day.

Address details will be PM'ed to all attendees soon.

Confirmed: 26
    Maybe: 0
    CNC Machines: 2 Confirmed 2 Maybe

Name - user ID - status
    1. Claudio - ClaudioG - Confirmed (bringing WidgitMaster CNC Wide Router running VCarve Pro & static WidgitMaster Midi (For Sale) )
    2. Darryl - dgreensill - Confirmed (bringing all of his portable machines )
    3. Mark - SimjetAU - Confirmed (bringing bells )
    4. Zig - Zig - Confirmed
    5. Chrisjh - Chrisjh - Confirmed (might bring partly assembled lathe as shown in pics at post #4)
    6. Rosco - sco - Confirmed (bringing along CAD plans of a CNC router and offered to demo CAD to GCode process using Rhino products)
    7. Steve - stevejw - CANCELLED
    8. Brian - electrolight - Confirmed (bringing photos of X2 Mill)
    9. Graham - gpday - Confirmed (bringing photos of CNC router)
    10. Glenn - tt-boy - Confirmed (bringing his electronics experience)
    11. Stevie D - Treble Left - Confirmed (bringing examples of completed work pieces - guitars??)
    12. David - David_AVD - Confirmed
    13. Frank - cicio - Confirmed
    14. Rob - robwhi - Confirmed (might bring KX1 CNC Mill)
    15. Steve - marto - Confirmed
    16. Tony - AuS MaDDoG - Confirmed
    17 & 18. Jorgen & son - Jakobsen - Confirmed (bringing pics of his 8x4 machine)
    19. WJF - wjfiles - Confirmed
    20. Dan - danasx - Confirmed
    21. Andrewm - ?? - Confirmed (bringing tables if needed)
    22. Boris - kozakmamai - Confirmed
    23 & 24. Glenn & Dennis - acmetproducts - Confirmed (bringing steppers, drivers & power supplies)
    25. George - gkaleido - Confirmed
    26. John - jkohlbach - Confirmed (bringing electronics experience and heaps of questions)
    27. David - rayder13 - Confirmed (bringing questions)
    - WidgitMaster Wide Router with Kress FME 800, HobbyCNC 305oz Stepper Kit
    - WidgitMaster Midi Router with Dremel

yeah cool. my name is david. thanks guys.

Address details will be PM'ed to all attendees that have responded to this post.

Confirmed: 27

Name - user ID - status
    1. Claudio - ClaudioG - Confirmed (bringing WidgitMaster CNC Wide Router running VCarve Pro & static WidgitMaster Midi (For Sale) )
    4. Zig - Zig - Confirmed
    5. Chrisjh - Chrisjh - Confirmed (might bring partly assembled lathe as shown in pics at post #4)
    6. Rosco - sco - Confirmed (bringing along CAD plans of a CNC router and offered to demo CAD to GCode process using Rhino products)
    10. Glenn W - tt-boy - Confirmed (bringing his electronics experience)
    11. Stevie D - Treble Left - Confirmed (bringing examples of completed work pieces - guitars??)
    12. David D - David_AVD - Confirmed
    19. Bill - wjfiles - Confirmed
    21. Andrewm - ?? - Confirmed (bringing tables and Cheesecake)
    23 & 24. Glenn & Dennis - acmetproducts - Confirmed (bringing steppers, drivers & power supplies)
    26. John - jkohlbach - Confirmed (bringing electronics experience and heaps of questions)
    28. Geoff - ?? - Confirmed (bringing photos of machine and work pieces)

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to PM my address details to more than 2 people at once, so if you need my address please email me at karmann68 at gmail dot com

Hope you understand that I don't want to post my address & phone # (or correctly formated email address) on a public forum.

So at last count we have 27 attendees, and I will be asking for a $5 donation towards food and drink. BYO alcohol. This will include;

- my home made burgers, buns, lettuce, tomato, etc (they're good!)
    - sausages
    - a couple of salads
    - soft drinks
    - coffee (the real stuff - cappuccino, caffe latte, espresso, etc), instant or tea
    - my wifes homemade cookies (if you're lucky)

If you prefer to bring your own food, please let me know so that I don't buy too much food today.

Remember to bring something of interest along.

Vectric have kindly donated a copy of Cut2D or PhotoVCarve which will be drawn out of a hat (valued at US$149). You can get more info on Vectric products at www.vectric.com

Cheers,

Claudio

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioG View Post
    ...And we'll make up name tags for the day.
    Using your CNC machine of course?

Quote Originally Posted by David_AVD View Post
    Using your CNC machine of course?
    Some on mine and most on another machine

Confirming details for the event

Saturday 11th July 2009 (tomorrow)
    10am till 3pm (ish)

If you need my address please email me at karmann68 at gmail dot com

Lunch will be provided and I will be asking for a $5 donation towards food and drink. BYO alcohol. This will include;

- my home made burgers, buns, lettuce, tomato, etc (they're good!)
    - sausages
    - a couple of salads
    - soft drinks
    - coffee (the real stuff - cappuccino, caffe latte, espresso, etc), instant or tea & cookies

If you prefer to bring your own food, please let me know so that I don't buy too much food today.

Remember to bring something of interest along (a machine, a part, photos, work pieces, etc)

Vectric have kindly donated a copy of Cut2D or PhotoVCarve which will be drawn out of a hat (valued at US$149). You can get more info on Vectric products at www.vectric.com

ATTENDEES

Confirmed: 28

Name - user ID - status
    4. Zig - Zig - Confirmed
    10. Glenn W - tt-boy - Confirmed (bringing his electronics experience)
    12. David D - David_AVD - Confirmed
    19. Bill - wjfiles - Confirmed
    21. Andrewm - ?? - Confirmed (bringing tables and Cheesecake)
    28. Geoff - ?? - Confirmed (bringing photos of machine and work pieces)[/QUOTE]
    29. Barrie - ?? - Confirmed

Thanks to Claudio and attendee's for a great day! Looking forward to the next event

Cheers, John

Thanks Claudio,

Although most of the tech talk was above me, I still found it very interesting, in fact I think I am getting the bug. Even more keen now to try my first attempt at a 3 axis CNC Router.
    As this sort of thing is all new to me I think I have a long way to go, but looking forward to it.
    Enjoyed the meeting today and seeing some equipment in action, thanks also for the friendly hospitality, looking forward to the next one.
    If anyone has any advice as to where to start please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Cheers
    Tony.

Many thanks to our host Claudio for a great day. There was certainly a good cross section of people attending.

Brisbane CnC Meeting

I also enjoyed myself thoroughly...
    Looking forward to the next one. (Will have to create something cool to bring now).
    Thanks for your hospitality Claudio.
    Cheers,

Steve D
    Treble Left Custom Guitars

Many thanks to Claudio, and the guys for a great day.
    It now looks like we have succeeded in spreading the CNC virus . There is no cure but regular attendance to our meetings will ease a lot of the pain that goes with it.
    Thanks again for a great day , looking forward to the next.
    Bill Files.:cheers:
    The More I Learn The Less I Seem To Know

Photo's ???

Cheers.

Russell.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for making the effort to come along today and especially to those who brought something to show and talk about.

Special thanks to;

- Darryl for making the name tags
    - Chris for bringing along his ute with the beautifully crafted CNC lathe accessory he built
    - Andrew for the cheesecake, tables and volunteering (without choice) to be the official photographer for the day
    - Vectric for supplying a copy of Cut2D or PhotoVCarve to giveaway (congratulations Glenn)

We had a great turn out of 25 people which is a very good effort. Should be able to catch up to the Melbournians very soon!

Photos will follow as soon as I get a hold of them.

Remember that we need people to volunteer a venue for the coming events, which should be roughly the 1st (or 2nd) Saturday of September 2009, November 2009 and then probably February 2010. Catering will be your choice (BYO everything, book a reasonably priced caterer or put it together yourself and ask people to chip in). Glenn has been penciled in for the Feb event down the Gold Coast.

Cheers,

Claudio

Here are a few pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4484.JPG   IMG_4486.JPG  

Thanks Claudio

Thank you Claudio for your warm welcome to us all and excellent hosting and catering, and your willingness to act as a contact for prospective new members and other interested parties. It's great to see the club is growing!

Thank you to everyone who attended too, remember this is our club, all of us own it, so it's up to us all personally as members to help pass the message on and invite others who may be able to learn or teach. CNC is a huge field with all kinds of applications, including many that we haven't thought of yet, and that won't ever be thought of unless the person who will think of the new idea, or ask the question that triggers the new idea, happens to be there to see and hear and talk about the possibilities.

Personally I learned a number of new and useful things on Saturday, and hope everyone else did as well. Thanks especially to the members who did more teaching than learning, it's wonderful for those of us who are new to the field to have access to your accumulated knowledge and expertise. At least three electronics experts (Andrew (the cheesecake master!), Rosco, and Zig) have joined the group--and I'm sure others as well, those are just the ones I spoke to--and I look forward to seeing the results of their collaborations with our existing and new machining experts and machine owners. A machine is just a bunch of parts, and a club is just a bunch of people - putting them together to work makes great things happen.

Congratulations especially to Chris on the physical realization of his lathe, which new members may not have realized went from a SolidWorks model on his laptop at the first meeting, to a box of parts at the second meeting, to a working reality at the third meeting - it can be done!

Also, I don't know if he mentioned this to anyone else but we had with us the artist who made the reverse-sandblasted life-size soldier picture that stands in the Gaythorne RSL (I couldn't find a picture unfortunately) - George Wolf, who also founded the Creative Glass Guild whose clubhouse is beside the Broncos Leagues Club. It's an amazing piece, and if George is reading this I'd like to encourage him if he is willing to post a photo and explain his methods for making it.

Now, we still need to sort out a definite location for the next meeting, which should be September 5. Anyone who has access to a hall or similar venue, or is willing to host at their own or someone else's home or workplace, please post the details. Exact address isn't required yet if it's someone's private house obviously - suburb would do fine.

Thanks to you Claudio for your hospitality. I'm sure everyone feels the same way. Gee it was great to have a chat with a bunch of people with a common interest. I'm looking forward to the next already. Appologies to those who may have been interested in the Rhino things I was going to show, but my 'puter wasn't happy...Maybe next time.
    Thanks again.
    cheers
    rosco

Hi guys I'm keen to come along to the next one when ever that is. I'm a newbie but am looking at a Joe's 06. I'm at Stafford, Brissy northside, if someone has one I can look at.

Hi Guys,

I have yet to have someone volunteer to host the next CNC User Group in September.

If you are interested, please PM me or email me at karmann68 at gmail.com

Cheers,

Claudio

Page 3 of 4 1234