587,833 active members*
3,458 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > g540 input postion 1-4 question

g540 input postion 1-4 question

acording to the wiring diagram i got with my 540 the inputs have no pull down/up resisters are they allready in the g540?? also the diagram shows to wire normaly closed is this corect? i was going to use input 1-3 has home switches and number 4 for auto tool zero i.e. n.o.?? and in mach just set to active low

The input state is high, when the switch is open.
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

So, what's with the lace panties or wigs or whatever guy? Why is he here? Why am I reading what his mom likes? Milke492, his mom and their mutual artificial hair fetish seem to have very little to do with CNC and motor drives. I'm pleased for the both of them though in whatever happiness they have found.:-)

If there is a moderator on this thread, could he ask himself the same questions? Perhaps then he could gently dislodge milke492 and his mom to another place far away from here?

Mariss

"So, what's with the lace panties or wigs or whatever guy? Why is he here? Why am I reading what his mom likes? Milke492, his mom and their mutual artificial hair fetish seem to have very little to do with CNC and motor drives. I'm pleased for the both of them though in whatever happiness they have found.:-)

If there is a moderator on this thread, could he ask himself the same questions? Perhaps then he could gently dislodge milke492 and his mom to another place far away from here?

Mariss "

Huh?...
    and I was looking for an answer how to configure the Z "0" tool probe...
    Forget about global warming...Visualize using your turn signal!

It referenced some spam that has since been removed. That's why my reply makes no sense now.

Mariss

Thank you Sir for the reply, I figured your post was misplaced ...

As chrisw765 asked

"according to the wiring diagram i got with my 540 the inputs have no pull down/up resisters are they all ready in the g540?? also the diagram shows to wire normally closed is this correct? i was going to use input 1-3 has home switches and number 4 for auto tool zero i.e. n.o.?? and in mach just set to active low"

I got the same question I'm wrestling with at the moment, how and where connect an input wire for my auto "0" plate. Connecting auto "0" set plate to an input port # 4 which is a # 13 on LPT produces no response no matter what kind of setting I use in Mach3. In the active low setting it is dead, when the active low is disabled it tells me the plate is grounded! It can't be the plate sits on a piece of a nylon stock that is ready for the machine work.

Hope Mariss will come with some suggestions where to place a resistor if needed.:cheers:
    Forget about global warming...Visualize using your turn signal!

According to the schematic found on the Gecko forum (yahoo groups), the inputs to the G540 are connected to an ILQ74 opto-isolator to 12VDC through a 2.2k resistor. The load on any device connected between an input and ground is about 5mA when it is conducting.