587,357 active members*
3,757 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > HRT210B Mountinig -- Need CAD File

HRT210B Mountinig -- Need CAD File

I have a VF2 and just got an HRT210B rotary table for it. My machine has the Chick subplate, so the hold down slots in the base of the HRT210 won't work with the subplate (they don't line up).

I want to make a base / adapter for the HRT that will bolt to the bottom of the HRT with the four 7/16 threaded holes there, and key on the slots, then use shoulder bolts to hold the base to the chick subplate (for alignment).

Does anyone have a measured drawing or CAD file of the layout of the bottom of the HRT210?

Thanks,
    Joe

Thanks, but that is just the physiical dimensions of the unit, what I'm looking for is that layout of the bottom, in particular the four holes in the corners and the obround keyway in the center. Yes, I can measure them, but I want better accuracy than I can get measuring with a caliper...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01717 (Small).JPG  

Are you going to have enough Z-height after you add another subplate on top of that Chick foundation? I have considered the same setup but decided that if the rotary was going in the machine, the subplate would have to come out.
    Greg

Here this might be able to help a little.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails haas hrt210 dwg.jpg   haas hrt210 dwg2.jpg  
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
    Are you going to have enough Z-height after you add another subplate on top of that Chick foundation? I have considered the same setup but decided that if the rotary was going in the machine, the subplate would have to come out.
    You should have enough room unless you are doing really big parts that do not rotate 360 degrees. What I mean is that the clearance above on a VF2 is much larger than the center height of the 210 so if the part is going to rotate 360 the highest point will be 14" above the machine table.

One thing to worry about is wiping out the P-Cool on the rotary. On some of our machines we have shortened the Z travel so the P-Cool stops just short of hitting the top of the rotary.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

I think I'll have enough room, good point though...I'll re-check. I hate the thought of pulling the plate out.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post

Thanks, but that doesn't have the dimensions I want -- the 4 hold down holes and the slot -- I marked them in the photo in red.

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Here this might be able to help a little.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01717 (Small).JPG  

Measure them! That is what I did when I made a baseplate for a 210.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcglynn View Post
    Thanks, but that doesn't have the dimensions I want -- the 4 hold down holes and the slot -- I marked them in the photo in red.
    Joe,

I had the same problem when I was designing a subplate for my machine. Call the factory. I have a HRT160B and gave them a call. The guy emailed me the drawings for my rotary while we were on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcglynn View Post
    ....Yes, I can measure them, but I want better accuracy than I can get measuring with a caliper...
    In what way? The key to fit in the slot on the bottom of the 210 is shipped with the 210; or at least mine was and it is a standard size.

The four tapped holes just hold it down they do nothing for the alignment so caliper measurement is fine.