587,584 active members*
3,896 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Language

Language

I have been searching how to change the language in Axis on EMC2 and cannot find the answer. I would like the ability to load the program in English or spanish. How do I do this?

If the wiki is up to date, Spanish might not be one of the options.
    http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emc...ationalization

You might also try one of the contact methods listed at linuxcnc.org. The deevelopers don't always read these forums. Be careful, they might try to enlist you as a translator

Edit/ Nosing around in the files shows something about Spanish in /usr/share/locale/ but you want a convinient way to switch back-and-forth ? Getting in touch with one of the developers is probably the best chance of getting an answer.

Edit 2/ Would it be to inconvenient to have the English and Spanish users log in on separate user accounts ? I have an idea but won't say more until testing this on my own machine. Maybe this evening.
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Logging in with a different account would not be that big of a deal. I thought it should be pretty simple because I think they are using the gettext method. Which I have worked with web pages that use that and it is really easy to translate and to change languages. I am a little lost on where to look. I will try to contact one of the developers.

It is actually quit simple. You just need to log in with the language you intend to use. When you load EMC it comes up in the current language