587,832 active members*
3,401 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > i need held in making a MasterCam X3 file.

i need held in making a MasterCam X3 file.

in the bottom part of this picture:

http://www.outdoorebooks.com/ebay/webley/im-12.jpg

how does one go about making the ramp type ratchet (on the extractor) on a 3D extruded boss in MasterCam X3?

any help would be appreciated...

It's a little hard to tell from that picture but you need to draw the ramp geometry (it has to be a closed chain) either from the right plane or the front/rear plane then do an extrude/cut to a specified depth you can do just one ramp then rotates the geometry the correct angle

If you have the cylinder drawn and would like to post it I give it a try and send it back

Just looked at the pic again ..you may have to create a seperate solid of the ramp and do a boolean remove to get it to work right

Quote Originally Posted by tstom View Post
    It's a little hard to tell from that picture but you need to draw the ramp geometry (it has to be a closed chain) either from the right plane or the front/rear plane then do an extrude/cut to a specified depth you can do just one ramp then rotates the geometry the correct angle

If you have the cylinder drawn and would like to post it I give it a try and send it back

Just looked at the pic again ..you may have to create a seperate solid of the ramp and do a boolean remove to get it to work right
    how does one construct the ramp geometry on the extruded cylinder boss?

Once again it's really hard to tell from that picture but if you look at the side view where the ramp forms 2 sides of a triangle you would extend those lines to the right to close the triangle and then extrude that shape from either the left of right plane then from the back of the cylinder you would construct geo to extrude cut the other angle on the ramp then do a boolean remove I can post an example tomorrow....not at my Mastercam computer tonight do you have a file or a better picture ...possibly some dimensions?

A lot of times with the solids how I end up getting something to work is not the same as how I set out to do it

See if this is what you had in mind There might be another way to do it ,this is just my first try ....maybe it will give you and idea of where to begin
    Attached Files Attached Files