587,172 active members*
2,952 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MACRO PROGRAMMING

Hello there,

I' ve been a member of CNC-zone for 2 years now. You all have solved lots of problems for me. Sometimes I don't understand how the hell some of you get the info. But anyways, I have about 12 years experience on a lathes and about 2 on a mills. All Fanuc. In the 2 years being a member and reading lots of posts i 've been seeing lots of them about macro's. I do have a idea what's possible beeing able to program macro's but have NO knowledge at all.
    Is there anyone that can help, have info or anything so i can learn?

Thanks in advance!

here is a link to another thread that has discussed learning macros. There is a few links in there. Its a bit old I think from 07 or 06. I only did a quick search. I am sure if you do a search on macro programming that you will get quite a few matches. Its been discussed a lot.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...ro+programming

Stevo

Quote Originally Posted by Stebedeff View Post
    Hello there,

I' ve been a member of CNC-zone for 2 years now. You all have solved lots of problems for me. Sometimes I don't understand how the hell some of you get the info. But anyways, I have about 12 years experience on a lathes and about 2 on a mills. All Fanuc. In the 2 years being a member and reading lots of posts i 've been seeing lots of them about macro's. I do have a idea what's possible beeing able to program macro's but have NO knowledge at all.
    Is there anyone that can help, have info or anything so i can learn?

Thanks in advance!
    Well the MACRO function is to CNC like LSD is to ones mind. Exspanding!!

All kidding aside. Here is a program that puts a chamfer isde of a cross hole from the front side of the hole. It iterpiltaes in several segmenst so you get an even chamfer inside the bore.

O9881
    GOTO1

(TO USE THIS MACRO POSITION)
    (X, Y, AND Z AXES TO THE)
    (REQUIRED START POSITION)
    (ESTABLISH FEED RATE)
    (THEN CALL THE MACRO)

(A=#1=FEAT DIA) Chamfer Dia
    (B=#2=TOOL DIA) Drill
    (C=#3=INTERSECT DIA) Bore that the hole is going to intersect
    (J=#5=DIA TOS REG NO) Not always needed

(G65P9881A75.3B60.C85.12J38.)(This is the G65 call in the main)
    (IF NO DIA COMP USED)
    (SET J TO J0.)

(ALWAYS USE DECIMALS TO)
    (DEFINE VALUES)

N1
    G90

IF[#5EQ0.]GOTO20
    IF[#10194EQ0]GOTO20
    #2=#10194

N20

IF[#2GE#1]GOTO100

(CUT DIAM)
    #11=#1-#2
    (CUT RAD)
    #12=#11/2

(REF SIDE)
    #13=SIN[45]*#12(.3535)
    #14=#12-#13(.1465)

(INTERSECT RAD)
    #15=#3/2

(SHORT Z)
    #16=#1/4
    #25=SQRT[[#15*#15]+[#16*#16]]
    #17=#25-#15

(LONG Z)
    #18=#1/2
    #26=SQRT[[#15*#15]+[#18*#18]]
    #19=#26-#15

#22=#19-#17

#6=#590
    G91
    (START 3:00)
    G1X#12F[#6/4]
    (1:30)
    G3X-#14Y#13Z-#17R#12F[#6/4]
    (12:00)
    G3X-#13Y#14Z-#22R#12
    (10:30)
    G3X-#13Y-#14Z#22R#12
    (9:00)
    G3X-#14Y-#13Z#17R#12
    (7:30)
    G3X#14Y-#13Z-#17R#12
    (6:00)
    G3X#13Y-#14Z-#22R#12
    (4:30)
    G3X#13Y#14Z#22R#12
    (3:00)
    G3X#14Y#13Z#17R#12
    (END 3:00)
    G1X-#12F#6
    G90

#760=0

M99

N100#3000=111(EXCEED MARCO LIMIT)

I got the FANUC Macro class all in pdf. if you want to learn just send me a pm with a private e-mail that can handle at least 8meg at a time. It had to split it into 4 volumes so it can be e-mailed

Bluesman

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    Well the MACRO function is to CNC like LSD is to ones mind. Exspanding!!

All kidding aside. Here is a program that puts a chamfer isde of a cross hole from the front side of the hole. It iterpiltaes in several segmenst so you get an even chamfer inside the bore.

O9881
    GOTO1

(TO USE THIS MACRO POSITION)
    (X, Y, AND Z AXES TO THE)
    (REQUIRED START POSITION)
    (ESTABLISH FEED RATE)
    (THEN CALL THE MACRO)

(A=#1=FEAT DIA) Chamfer Dia
    (B=#2=TOOL DIA) Drill
    (C=#3=INTERSECT DIA) Bore that the hole is going to intersect
    (J=#5=DIA TOS REG NO) Not always needed

(G65P9881A75.3B60.C85.12J38.)(This is the G65 call in the main)
    (IF NO DIA COMP USED)
    (SET J TO J0.)

(ALWAYS USE DECIMALS TO)
    (DEFINE VALUES)

N1
    G90

IF[#5EQ0.]GOTO20
    IF[#10194EQ0]GOTO20
    #2=#10194

N20

IF[#2GE#1]GOTO100

(CUT DIAM)
    #11=#1-#2
    (CUT RAD)
    #12=#11/2

(REF SIDE)
    #13=SIN[45]*#12(.3535)
    #14=#12-#13(.1465)

(INTERSECT RAD)
    #15=#3/2

(SHORT Z)
    #16=#1/4
    #25=SQRT[[#15*#15]+[#16*#16]]
    #17=#25-#15

(LONG Z)
    #18=#1/2
    #26=SQRT[[#15*#15]+[#18*#18]]
    #19=#26-#15

#22=#19-#17

#6=#590
    G91
    (START 3:00)
    G1X#12F[#6/4]
    (1:30)
    G3X-#14Y#13Z-#17R#12F[#6/4]
    (12:00)
    G3X-#13Y#14Z-#22R#12
    (10:30)
    G3X-#13Y-#14Z#22R#12
    (9:00)
    G3X-#14Y-#13Z#17R#12
    (7:30)
    G3X#14Y-#13Z-#17R#12
    (6:00)
    G3X#13Y-#14Z-#22R#12
    (4:30)
    G3X#13Y#14Z#22R#12
    (3:00)
    G3X#14Y#13Z#17R#12
    (END 3:00)
    G1X-#12F#6
    G90

#760=0

M99

N100#3000=111(EXCEED MARCO LIMIT)

I got the FANUC Macro class all in pdf. if you want to learn just send me a pm with a private e-mail that can handle at least 8meg at a time. It had to split it into 4 volumes so it can be e-mailed

Bluesman
    Yeah!

Macros do everything except spell-check!

Macro Manual

Hey guys I got abot 10 request thru PM for this thing so it will take me a while to e-mail all of it. If you want sned me a pm with an adress and I will burn copys on a disk and mail them to you.

Bluesman

Hey guys I got abot 10 request thru PM for this thing so it will take me a while to e-mail all of it. If you want sned me a pm with an adress and I will burn copys on a disk and mail them to you.

Bluesman
    Guess you aren't a bad guy after all even tho you called me a ****** for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by g-codeguy View Post
    Guess you aren't a bad guy after all even tho you called me a ****** for no reason.
    No I called you a ******* for a very good reason, Snot nose's like yourself just have a tendency to erk the livin piss out of me. But if you want a manual ill send you one too.
    PS. I do not send this outside the US

Bluesman

No I called you a ******* for a very good reason, Snot nose's like yourself just have a tendency to erk the livin piss out of me. But if you want a manual ill send you one too.
    PS. I do not send this outside the US

Bluesman
    Thanks, but no thanks. Wouldn't want to be beholding to you. Just went back and re-read my post. All remarks were an attempt at humor with the exception of this one. "I tell youngsters to look for another field of endeavor." What I really meant was "I tell youngsters looking to enter this field to look elsewhere."

Apparently my humor fell flat even with all the smilie faces to show what I was trying for. We hired a guy from Burger King. Lasted less than 2 weeks. Have a couple people that require me to call an interpreter over to explain in Spanish how to run the job. Of the last 8-10 people hired, only 1 had machining experience. Others had zero. As stated, I would love to have that kid, but that wasn't my point.

Point is that everything I've seen over the past 15 years or so leads me to believe this is not a good field to enter into. Many machine shops in this state have either moved out or closed their doors. Owners of the company I work for have bought many factories in China, and are now getting a lot of our old casting jobs and higher count jobs done there. Is our company the only machine shop doing this? I think not.

I work in NJ because working locally in Pennsy would require a 25% cut in pay even if a company were willing to start me at the top rate others currently working for them are making. Would love to move to someplace like NC, but that would require even deeper cut in pay. I could make more money as a waitress in a decent restaurant if I were good looking, and had the right equipment.

Guess my understanding of the machinist trade in Michigan is way off base. Apparently it is a hot bed for machinists. Big demand for machinists means there should be plenty of work for machine shops in that state. Maybe you should tell this guy looking to move his shop out of Michigan to Arizona who to contact for some work. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64965

Yes, there are still places in this country where you can make decent money in this field, but they aren't all that plentiful that I can see. You had better be damn good AND/OR lucky.

If my innocuous post makes me a "cynical ****", "useless union shank", "**** this guy", "snot nose", then what did your replies make you?

I'd like to think that we could be friends if you knew me. Most people don't seem to have a problem with me even tho I have the kind of face that would stop a 7-day clock with an 8-day wind. I don't get upset when I tell someone for the 30th time how to do something. I try to be courteous and respectful most of the time. I know how I like to be treated, and try to be the same to others. Of course, courteous and respectful might piss you off anyway.

I'm not going to get involved in a name calling match with you as I think you are probably an all-right guy as evidenced by your willingness to help others. However, I can't see where anything I said in my previous post should have brought such a heated response from you. I've heard of instant dislike for someone at first sight, but we've never met. You must be starting something new. Hate at first reading.

BTW, your first name wouldn't be Tom, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Triv View Post
    Yeah!

Macros do everything except spell-check!
    If you setup your variables right, it could do that to!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaCroB View Post
    If you setup your variables right, it could do that to!!!
    But first you would need to know how to spell correctly in order to set up the spell checking macro, and if you can spell correctly why do you need a spell checking macro?
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    But first you would need to know how to spell correctly in order to set up the spell checking macro, and if you can spell correctly why do you need a spell checking macro?
    Good point...What good is a spell check macro if it mis-spells words for you!

Hi,
    i saw that macro program..but i still confused..i from Malaysia..if dun mind can share sample macro program for me?i interested in this..
    chyuan,
    my email [email protected]
    wait your reply..
    thanks..

Bluesman
    Bluesman,
    I'm sure you got swamped for this info. I couldn't leave you a visitor message, possibly because of my low post count?? Anyway, I would gladly send you a couple of blank CD's and compensate you for your efforts if you have time to burn me a copy of the Fanuc training info on creating macros.
    The only times I've ever created any macros were quite some time ago and then I generated them from Compact II/Nicam and I recall creating matrices in APT (both are old DOS based programming softwares). Oops, I probably just gave away my age.
    I've always used subprograms when programming manually, but I'm getting old so I might as well get with it and learn to define commands as variables so I can make the most of my time.
    Please shoot me a PM if you can burn the info. I know time is always at a premium, so if you can't get to it, no sweat. I've got a couple of brief examples in an OLD 6M manual and I think there is a different example in one of my other Fanuc manuals..believe for an O M control. However, I'm an information junkie and would like to browse through any info that Fanuc has.

Thanks

Three books on macro programming are available in the market, as far as I know:
    1. by Peter Smid
    2. by Mike Lynch
    3. http://www.mhprofessional.com/produc...sbn=0071713328
    Fanuc manuals have all the information, but these are not written in a textbook style, so a beginner often gets frustrated. It requires a lot of patience to learn from these.

Hi bluesman,

I can´t send you a PM and I need the Fanuc Macro Pdf manuals. Do you mind sharing this file?

Best regards
    Carlos
    [email protected]