587,306 active members*
3,880 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 41 of 71 31394041424351
    hey there
    could someone tell me what is the largest MDF/HDPE part? wondering if it can be made with a 18"x12" machine
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by settle View Post
    hey there
    could someone tell me what is the largest MDF/HDPE part? wondering if it can be made with a 18"x12" machine
    Thanks
    The Y-Axis carriage is 20" long, you can still make them, just split your file in half, here is a sample of how to do it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19wVS0ad4ec"]YouTube - 58" part on a 15" CNC router.[/ame]

Joe

Hi Joe
    Thanks for the reply and video,
    i was in fact meaning the 4x4 machine, the side of the main carriage look like they are larger than 12x18?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by settle View Post
    i was in fact meaning the 4x4 machine, the side of the main carriage look like they are larger than 12x18?
    thanks

Yes i know they are 20" long.

Joe

cool thanks Joe, i was just getting confused!!

Hey guys, what's the problem? I thought by now we would be having new videos uploaded every day. There were people three months ago that were about through with their machines and were going to upload some videos. Are you not taking any videos, just not sharing them or not using your 4x4's? I'm anxious to see some of the machines and improvements that have been made. Everybody loves to watch the videos. I'm buying a piece here and there and hopefully I can get started on my build fairly soon.

thanks,
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    Hey guys, what's the problem? I thought by now we would be having new videos uploaded every day. There were people three months ago that were about through with their machines and were going to upload some videos. Are you not taking any videos, just not sharing them or not using your 4x4's? I'm anxious to see some of the machines and improvements that have been made. Everybody loves to watch the videos. I'm buying a piece here and there and hopefully I can get started on my build fairly soon.

thanks,
    Doug
    Hi Doug,

As someone making a smaller version of the 4x4 I keep a close eye on the forum and can let you know there are very few videos taken on it and most if not all of them are posted here. There are quite a few mods been made by various people in their builds but most are very subtle that you probably wouldn't notice them unless they were pointed out to you. The homemade rail grinder I designed for my 4x4 has already been posted on the Zone for others to use on machines of their choice. Also the V bearing shown in the last photo are homemade and are currently undergoing testing on my Z axis to see how they holdup before I continue with the rest of my build.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...92&postcount=9

Hope you start your build soon.

Cheers
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by joecnc2006 View Post
    Well I finally found some good vinyl to use for my dust skirt, comes in 8" wide roles, I can get allot more if anyone wants me to get it for them.

Using the Dust collection it does not suck up into the hose as much as the carpet runner does. Here is a video of it in action and when lowered showing how much flex it has when dust collector is on and when raised it goes back out.

It is held on with Velcro for ease of removal.

Joe

YouTube - New Dust Collection skirt

I'd be interested in some Joe. I'm cutting lots of balsa and plywood and the dust is horrible with the carpet runner. It just gets sucked up and doesn't stop hardly any of the dust. PM me with the cost of 2-3ft and I'll paypal you the $.

James

Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post

thanks,
    Doug
    Too busy working and cutting to get video

I'm extremely happy with mine. I've been cutting mostly models with mine. I run my 2006 and 4x4 at the same time and it really cuts down on the amount of cutting time. Just wish I could make my 2006 as fast as my 4x4...

Ordered Hybrid 4X4 Plans Today

Hi Joe. I PayPaled you payment for the Hybrid 4X4 plans earlier today. Please send them ASAP as I can't wait to get started. Also please send me the "secret" forum info.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rgoldner View Post
    Hi Joe. I PayPaled you payment for the Hybrid 4X4 plans earlier today. Please send them ASAP as I can't wait to get started. Also please send me the "secret" forum info.

Thanks!
    Sent you the plans, Not really a secret forum, its my support forum to help people with build, its all CNC 4x4 Hybrid related. I sent all the info.

Joe

Would you please activate my registration?

Thanks!

Hi Joe,
    It seems that I can no longer access your site. Has it moved? Would you please check my registration when you get a moment.

Many Thanks,

Here is another scaled down version to a 2x4.

He can easily expand it later if desired.

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2x4 version.JPG  

Joe I sent you a couple of emails on getting some of the vinyl... think they maybe ending up in your junk folder. Get you ping me with some cost information on the skirt vinyl.

hello joe

i sent you an email asking how i go about ordering a 4x4 kit. also wanted to know what all comes in the kit. other than steppers and electronics what eles do i need to build it

That 2x4 downscale sealed the deal for me. I don't have the space for a 4x4 machine, and I was juuuuust about to buy the original Joe2006 kit when a local CNCzoner talked me into this version.

Now begins the oh boy oh boy oh boy phase. Ebay had the 8020 in stock, I know to call Rick at superior bearings for my V-groove, the next stop on this clickfest will be boltdepot. Did anyone successfully set up a Joe's Hybrid kit-specific package at boltdepot?

Thanks in advance! -Jim

Welcome aboard Jim. There's a link to a Bolt Depot cart on Joe's site.

The support forum has a whole wealth of info and recommendations.

joe

Just checking to see what is your(anybody) opinion of this kit to go on the 4x4? I'm trying to use the 25% discount on ebay while it is still good. Every little bit helps.

thanks,
    Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Axis-Stepper-M...QQcmdZViewItem

Page 41 of 71 31394041424351