587,510 active members*
3,499 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Camaster

Page 9 of 32 789101119

fellows

on thursday we got a visit from "paul" of charllotte nc he is looking for his next machine and i hope he will consider camaster as i am sooo hopeing he'll
    join our growing group of support, i am so grateful he came not only to see an 8 year old machine with 1/2 stepper motors but because he was so helpful in teaching my guys some important basics of cnc software and operations,

the new machine we are getting from bill is sooo much further along with the atc and such but paul was able to give them a glimpse of what is comming our way

i do not have paul's permission to use his full name here but i do want to say thank you and hope he'll review my machine here jim

goin to bills!!

we are having an owners training session and will be disscussing controllers and software, several machines are being built and one is being picked up
    during the week of apr 28-08 jim

Hi,

Sorry to but in here, but I can't find much info on these machines. I have been to their website and it isn't to informative. I ask for info and got a phone call from someone(sorry forgot his name) I ask him to send me some more info, specs etc. but haven't seen a thing in two weeks. He seemed to be more about Art Cam training than the machine it's self.

There isn't much here on this brand other than this thread. Seems strange, How many of these are out there? Their own forum is basically vacant.

I am going to purchase a cnc router within the next 60-90 days I would like a 4th axis, or at least one that can be installed later.

I make mostly custom furniture now no cabinets, and would like to be able to also do carved mantels, newell(?sp) post, corbels etc.

Are these machines made in the USA? They look like the Chinese machines.

Should I just scratch these guys off the list?

Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
    Scott

i post here because i have one

and i speak to bill glenn every few days there are quite a few machines out there that bill has built and i speak with some of them also, yes bill did sell the chinese machines and they are still are on his site, if you want one they are available from other companies in the us. they are widely discussed on this forum under excitech. i believe you spoke to a salesman (the artcam ) i would call again and ask for joey or bill they can help you if you wish you can pm me and i'll get you in touch

i can say i like my machine and i have ordered another with the lathe, spent most of tonight on the software there are several to choose from, yes i also have found it is hard to get a lot of support on a comercial forum but bill, josh, joey and the other camaster owners i keep up with have been very helpful there are machines in wilmington, camden sc, columbia sc several in fla, california and georgia as well that i know of

scott what part of the country are you in, i would say that camaster is not all things to all people, i like the fact that they are a small company and build two to four machines a month. i have been in woodwork for twenty years and am grateful for these fellows they certanly have made the transformation to cnc a lot less difficult than i expected.

and i will confess i post as i hope to build more support among this size of machine as i hope to build more of my business around cnc

any way thanks for asking
    jim mcgrew
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCP_2172.JPG   DCP_2088.JPG   DCP_2880.JPG   IMG_0691.JPG  

hilton hotels

this little switch cover was requested by our local hilton hotel after they saw the logo in vcarvepro the want all kinds of goodies,, the cabinets in the sweet shop were done with cabinetpartspro, ryan of cpp has a vew version coming soon and has let me play with it. he is making really good headway with it but as you can see it (cpp) is a very usable program as it is. i cut the wine racks with vcarvepro as well

scott thanks for contacting me i hope my info was what you were looking for jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1345.JPG   IMG_1351.JPG   IMG_1346.JPG  

neighbor ran over moms mail box

so i got to build her a new one with vcarve jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1406.JPG  

at camaster

it's worth the ride out here in the mountains of georgia just for the scenery!!

craig is here to pick up a 4x8 w atc and a 4x8 is being finished at the same time, the blue machine is being built for a fellow who will cut deep foam (high z) we will spend the day here in training.

oh an the machine upside down is mine!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1436.JPG   IMG_1437.JPG   IMG_1435.JPG  

Jim, what is the height of the table and what is the distance from the bottom rung to the floor. The pics look good. Hope you guys aren't having too much fun over there. Also, if you see Bill, have him give me a call.

Paul

just got back

and will post more tommorrow paul, great trip met some great guys who are into thier cnc's. will post more in am jim

had a great trip !!

there were some guys wanting machines, some waiting on thier new machines and some of us who have machines, john of cabinetpro was there,

it was worth the trip and we will go back soon to pick up "joesph's" machine

paul i am sure bill is asleep we put in some hours

jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1448.JPG   IMG_1429.JPG   IMG_1445.JPG   IMG_1446.JPG  

When is Joseph's machine supposed to be done? Maybe I can be there for that visit. Also, in the pics, is the spindle a Columbo or another brand? I've had experience with Columbo on my last CNC machine but wondering what the others are all about.

joesph

has ordered a 3x6 machine for his small parts, he is the guy you met in my office with the bossrockers!! yes the 10 hp spindle is columbo, i have had to contact pds columbo in nc and have had excellent response from them, i changed the boing sounding 747 spindle fan for an electric one and now we can have a conversation in the cnc room, i spoke to bill late yesterday and he should call you, i would like to go to ga again it was worth it!! jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1432.JPG   IMG_1430.JPG  

going back to bills

next week to pick up joesphs 3x6 for his specialized parts.

going to Camaster

Jim, let me know what the schedule is so I can plan a trip if possible. It's about a 6.5 hour drive for me. Who else is planning on being there?

PJ

trip to bills

yes i'll speak to bill mon am and let you know jim

somebodys

Oldie but goodie

So Jim, is this ebay machine of interest to you? Visited Camaster on Friday and had a good time. Met another owner stopping by to see his machine. Nice guy and is buying for all the right reasons. Spent a few hours with Bill and had an interesting conversation. He builds a very nice machine. The Camaster location is not one you would just happen upon but I do envy them for the scenery. I'm redoing the machine specs I need for my business (5x10, ATC, 4th axis & etc) and will get a requote but everything I've seen looks good. Because of some space restrictions, I may have to get creative on where everything is located on this machine but I'll work it out somehow. Should have some answers on which way to go in a couple of weeks.
    PJ

bills shop

man the drive out there was really beautiful, i live on a farm in mid sc and i did enjoy the drive as well!!. i look forward to you getting a machine as i have a lot to learn about the 4rth axis as well and i will need your help. that little blue 4rth axis machine was one well built table!

clamping systems

saw this and had to try it!!.

mdf 3/4 table holes drilled for "festool" clamps ($ 80.00 per pair us) i have ordered 2 more sets of clamps

good for small repetitive parts, we will use it for fluted columns

jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1530.JPG   IMG_1531.JPG  

clamps

What do you do for boards that are not exactly straight? Do these clamps hold if you press down a warped area or do they allow springback? Looks like a good idea for a lot of operations. We are getting closer to a Camaster!

PJ

Page 9 of 32 789101119