587,089 active members*
2,847 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 5 1234
    Looks like fun. thanks for the link. Portland would be a great place to have a cnc meet also.

mike

I am down for whatever... Portland, Salem, Eugene, LA, SanFran, SanDiego, Seattle-Tacoma, or even Vancouver B.C.! Let me know if anything is happening, big events or small, I would like to get as much experience as possible since I am a NEWBIE who has a Dyna CNC and would love to pick up more tools (who doesn't) and build my own machine as well. So let me know if anything comes up!

There are 2 shows I know of, one is a small home built tools which is this coming August
    30th and 31st, 2008. Here is the link; http://216.197.127.227/index.html I also read a thread about meetings in the Portland Oregon area for machinists and engineers in general. here is the link; http://users.easystreet.com/depmco/pme/meetings.htm
    I went to the Northwest Machine Tool Expo at the Portland Convention Center last May and it was pretty good for having suppliers and workshops, but wasn't HUGE by any means. I will go again this next spring just for the classes-lectures.

OK, so let's see if there is anything else going on in the mean time... anyone?!?

Pacific NW CNC Show

I would love to attend a Pacific NW Show. I don't know that I would have a booth, but I would love to interview people in the biz.

Ivan Irons
    http://www.cncinformation.com

I'm in for a Portland(ish) show. I'd drive up to 200 miles for a potentially lame (no offense) 1st annual convention like thing.

Pacific NW Meet

I am in the Seattle Area and would travel to any part of WA State or Oregon.

Ivan Irons

I would like to see something happen in the Northwest and am still willing to donate or help to get something going.

Any good organizers out there?

mike

Don't give up yet

Hi, I am new to the forum. I think a spring cnc swap meet would be great. I have more than a truck load of surplus electronic mechanical and cnc/tool items available for this kind of event. I am in Battle Ground WA near Vancouver. A trip to Western WA, would not be a problem. Another local group to alert would be the Portland Model Engineers. They have a web site and Yahoo group if you google them.

I am down for a swap meet if it is in Oregon or on the Oregon side of Washington.

I just found this thread. I would be interested in a swap meet as well. I am in the Seattle area but could travel some distance. What are we thinking? a warehouse or someone's back yard, or ?

I have hundreds and hundreds of pounds of linear rails, ballscrews, brushless motors, etc. that I would be interested in swapping. Also some nice CO2 lasers. I could even hold a little laser demonstration of a 35 watt and a 50 watt RF excited laser.

I wonder how bad my wife would kill me if we held it at my house on the river....

Quote Originally Posted by KTP View Post
    I wonder how bad my wife would kill me if we held it at my house on the river....
    I think she would be happy as im sure where ever you have all that stuff stored she would like to see it go. :banana:

But really I think for this to happen all were missing is someone to step forward with a spot
    I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!
    HAAS GR-408

Quote Originally Posted by automizer View Post
    I think she would be happy as im sure where ever you have all that stuff stored she would like to see it go. :banana:

But really I think for this to happen all were missing is someone to step forward with a spot
    Portland/Vancouver is probably the best compromise in terms of distance for the majority of people who posted in this thread. I'd be more than willing to hold it at my place but I am all the way down in Salem. If anyone is interested let me know.

Me and the wife used to go to the coast each year and we would stop in salem and go to Lancaster Mall for the sword store there
    HAAS GR-408

Quote Originally Posted by automizer View Post
    Me and the wife used to go to the coast each year and we would stop in salem and go to Lancaster Mall for the sword store there
    The sword and tobacco shop is still there. Where are you located?

Im an hour east of Vancouver BC. I love ATVing on the dunes, for that I love coming to your state
    HAAS GR-408

Portland area would be great and I am still interested
    KTP - where are you located? Would be glad to help
    mike

east of seattle on the skykomish river (great salmon/steelhead fishing in my backyard!).

Hey, I just got a yamaha Rhino side by side ATV, I would love to go to the dunes in my state (never been). Is that in eastern washington?

Sounds like a great place.

There is a dune area in Moses Lake and a couple of others I think. My kids ride in them, I will see what I can find out.

mike

I'm in the portland area I will be there if it happens.

Kyle M.

Quote Originally Posted by The_R1_Kid View Post
    I'm in the portland area I will be there if it happens.

Kyle M.
    My impression is this: If a get together isn't centered around another large event (ie expo) then it isn't going to happen. So if anyone knows of any machine related events happening this year speak up!

Seafair! oh wait..salt water and machinery....hmmm...

Page 2 of 5 1234