587,513 active members*
2,782 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Camaster

Page 8 of 32 67891018
    Cut to the Bone Guest

Jim

hows every thing going. let me know if you need something.

Joey

doin well

george in wilmington has a need to call you and asked for your number, he is figuring out that you have already done wincnc for us!!

on another note send me your address again i will be coming to Ga maybe tommorrow night if all works out here!!

i am now carving in 3d joesph has really helped me out with it and robert is rockin on cabinet parts pro!! joesph is purchasing a machine from bill.

we are also learning about table time and are ready for the new machine!!
    we will wait until after iwf but i may get a smaller one for the barn
    jim

ps how

difficult is it to put limit switches on a machine apperantly it's an "add on" feature on shopsabre. check out the 4x8 thread and may be we can help out kustom jim

Cut to the Bone Guest

Jim

Could you e-mail me Georges number i would be glad to help a fellow CAMhead.

Joey

Joey

If you've got some time I sure would like a set Z button. The command is G37Z. If I knew how, I'd do it myself but I'm afraid I'll make a mess.
    Keith

kieth

i will email you the ini file and the touchpad . mac file

with the z set

do not load it untill you talk to joey

jim

going to bills next week they painted my new router yesterday and bill has got several going at the same time

spent some time with him on phone today, said to tell you hello!!

some photos

of bits necessary evil

sign background for columbia sailing club in lake murry sc

rough out of 3d carve for sail boat centerpiece
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1151.JPG   IMG_1147.JPG   IMG_1148.JPG   IMG_1152.JPG  

IMG_1155.JPG  

Please help I am a idiot.

Ok Win CNC

after 36,235 lines of code and only half way through my cutting I had a bit stap right off.

Freaud tools are junk!!

I hit escape to cancel then move the spendel up. I put in another 1/4" bit Ammana and set the z zero not the xy zero to keep it the same as the job was cutting.

now I hit the restart arrow and is says the file and the line it was on. I hit start and it says ERROR: BOUNDRY EXCEEDED and it was not exceeded. how do I restart this from line 36K instead of starting back at 1

could not get it to not throw the boundry exceeded crap so I started it back at line 1 with the new bit, cranked it up to 1,200 Inch Min and buzzed up to where I was. I can't belive this is how veryone else does it. can any one tell me what I did wrong that it won't let me restart it from line 36,234. I know I was able to stop and do a restart on another job maybe I have some box checked that is wrong. or a setting in the program. thanks

kustom

sorry i was a sleep!!, wincnc has a start from line # feature i have had to use it, i'll get to a computer that hads win cnc and we'll get to it, send cut to the bone a pm and tell him what happened! jim

in win cnc

go to file

then restart command.
    what type of support did shop sabre provide, also wincnc will help jim

I did the File>restart> located my file> saw what line it stopped on>hit ok and them the start in win cnc and nothing.

the one other time I got it to work I stopped a job 3 times.

I did the above procedure and hit ok then start. the cnc fired up to the RPM set and moves to where it will start. it then said something like Ready to start hit ENTER> I hit enter and away it went. so I have done it before but on this job it would not it just kept saying ERROR: BOUNDRY EXCEEDED and I had to run it from the beginning.

No SS support at 9 PM plus I think I pissed them off when I told them some stuff about their machine and the delivery date.

I can't complain about the accuracy though. I was able to do this, I don't know if this is special or not a big deal but I though it was pretty cool that I was able to do this.

the pictures below is (2) 17" x 50" 1/4" acrilic clear sheets. I used 3M 94 CA contact spray used for counter tops and stuck the two paper covered sheets together, making it .478" thick, them I took off the bottom layer in a spot to measure. then it measures .470" so then I told the cnc to Z Zero on top and cut .472" deep and the result is I cut through the material and am able to not cut throught the .008" thick paper backing.

I said I don't know if this is anything new to anyone but I thought it was pretty cool plus it helps hold the parts together and did not cut into my top at all.

Oh the way I held the whole thing to the table was that 2 sided Crepe tape I was talking about. Worked great.

I can see if I had a vacume table that this trick of not cutting throught the paper would keep the vacume suction up also. later.

if any one else knows what I did wrong that it would not let me restart du to a ERROR: BOUNDRY EXCEEDED let me know. thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc cut 4.JPG   cnc cut 3.JPG   cnc cut 2.JPG   cnc cut 1.jpg  

tool I broke last night at line 30,232 or something and when I wanted to do the restart and was unable to.

Bit tempeture was 85 degress when it snapped
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Freud.jpg  

kustom

that looks good, got another sign job, .30 per inch sign foam and 100.00 per square ft. 3d

what was this plexi used for ??

people are using two fein vacuums for table with great success bought two on friday and will let you know jim

It is a local place called Custom Plastics.

he is a shop that makes all kinds of stuff with plastics.

shapes, plaques, holders, panels, boxes ect. all made of acrilic plastics.

if you have a shop like this in your area you should check with them. this job was 4 16x23" panels with 15Wx10H 1 3/16" holes with 5/16" spacing. just cut the holes and no clean up just give the sheet back and he does with it what he does. the other job was some odd end shapes.

my problem was I went back to him with a bid to do the first job of 60 parts for $180 he told me he gets it from somewhere else for $60

the second job he had was 4 of those 16x23 sheets with 150 holes. Quotes $120 and he said he would pay $20 ea so $80

My bid $ 300

what he would pay $140

Hours to complete with design 4Hr

Broke $35 bit

$105 profit

$25Hr made shops costs $32 hr to run I lost $28 to do this work for him. Isn't business Great!!!

CNC Camaster Girl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc CAMASTER GIRL.jpg  

for the record

ben of bensmillwork found this and the detail is incredible

http://www.3dmodelclub.com/index.php...hk=1&Itemid=93

we have hooked up fein turboIII

in addition to our regen blower and man what a difference the only pull 7.5hg
    +/- but 2 feins and the regen are at 700cfms doing the job video later

pds columbo

break in of new spindles
    http://pdscolombo.com/pdf/Spindle%20...ure%207-07.pdf

and care

http://pdscolombo.com/pdf/PDS%20Spindle%20Care%2007.pdf

great site, i have ordered new fan blades and now they are to loud so i will switch to electric fans

http://pdscolombo.com/support.html

Page 8 of 32 67891018