587,125 active members*
5,508 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Harbor Freight sales

I just found out there's an HF not too far from me. How often do they offer the 10 - 20% off coupons?

Thanks.

tom

Right now all they are offering is 10% off. Heres the link:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html.../Go_Coupon.jpg

You can get a 15% off from ebay or sign up on there mailing list but that takes a few weeks. I've been eyeing the 7x10 lathe which is currently on sale for 369.99. With 10% drops it to ~$333.

-Paul

Link to a 20% off coupon, http://cnczone.com/forums/showpost.p...7&postcount=43

You cant use the coupon on sales items. So ask them to charge you the normal price and use the 20% off. It should bring you down to your 333 or close. I cant remember if the lathe is a special order item but if it is the store will not allow you to use them then either. Good luck

I don't think that 20% will work because there is no expiration date on it. The manager will probably have to override it. Worth a try though.

Thanks guys! I've already signed up for their email list.

I'll give them a call about the 20% off coupon to see if they'll accept it. If not, I might start buying the other parts in the mean time.

tom

Haven't gotten an email % coupon in well over 6 months here, just an occasional 10-15% on some of the mailers. I had just bought the 7x10 on the 3rd and then saw it on sale on Saturday so I took my receipt and got my $80+tax back. Rather hassle free.

they have coupons in the entertainment book (big coupon book) some people sell their unwanted ones on ebay.

I got a 15% on eBay and was able to get that off the sale price in my local HF (Rhode Island) when I bought my 7x10. Saved me $50. Best $5 I ever spent on eBay.

yeah I used my 15% coupon with my inside track discount for my mill

That 20% coupon comes up expired the second they scan it --- It did have an expire date about a year and a half old!

I used that coupon in December to buy my mill, and it does pertain to sale items if you read the fine print. I called the HF store before going up there, and the manager said no problem at all with using it. In fact, the only reason the manager was called up front was because the coupon I printed out wouldn't scan, otherwise no problem. I'm tempted to see if I can use it again on a lathe.

SOB, Manager said I couldnt use it becuase the lathe was already discounted. I guess I should have kept on reading. Owell still got it for a steal. Mine wouldnt scan either but he still honored it. So in reality I only got a 10% discount over sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by blades View Post
    I used that coupon in December to buy my mill, and it does pertain to sale items if you read the fine print. I called the HF store before going up there, and the manager said no problem at all with using it. In fact, the only reason the manager was called up front was because the coupon I printed out wouldn't scan, otherwise no problem. I'm tempted to see if I can use it again on a lathe.
    The no scan part is what saved you..... when it scans it comes up as expired! They just gave you 20% off manually you have a great HF

My HF store is good that way too. My printer took a dive so I took my entire laptop into the store. I figured they would want to see to verify. "No problem" and manually took the price off witout even looking. Was cool as the flier I used was due to expire in two days, and then latest two fliers had the item on sale for $40 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Regnar View Post
    Link to a 20% off coupon, http://cnczone.com/forums/showpost.p...7&postcount=43

You cant use the coupon on sales items. So ask them to charge you the normal price and use the 20% off. It should bring you down to your 333 or close. I cant remember if the lathe is a special order item but if it is the store will not allow you to use them then either. Good luck
    Regnar,

Many thanks for posting the link to that 20% coupon. I printed it and took it to my local HF store today. It wouldn't scan and when they hand-entered the number it got no response also. The clerk called the manager and he told her to go ahead an accept the coupon. I bought the 7 x 10 mini lathe for 20% off the sale price. Paid $313.xx out the door incl tax. It looks like when they ring items up for a sale their screen does not indicate whether the price is a sale price or the "regular" price.

Sure appreciate the tip!

Many thanks!

20%

Tried the 20% on the 7x10 lathe I bought on Monday, Manager said OK, but when they scanned it , was not in system so it was a NO GO!
    Skip20

I used it on the 2-24 with no problems at all.
    Thanks
    Bill

I printed out the 20% off coupon to try, but I also bought a 15% off ebay too, just in case.

I've noticed that the coupons for actual merchandise (not the 10% or 15% off) now has "Coupon cannot be bought, sold, or transferred." in the fine print!

tom

One trick to use is the numbers after the dash mark are price codes. Sometimes you can go on there site and type in the first numbers which is the item number then use some of the different codes. Sometimes you can find 3 or 4 of the same item with different prices they dont delete them off there site often. Print the page and tell them this is what it shows on the internet and bam thats the price you get. You can also order online or on the phone like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by maxboostbusa View Post
    One trick to use is the numbers after the dash mark are price codes. Sometimes you can go on there site and type in the first numbers which is the item number then use some of the different codes. Sometimes you can find 3 or 4 of the same item with different prices they dont delete them off there site often. Print the page and tell them this is what it shows on the internet and bam thats the price you get. You can also order online or on the phone like that too.
    Hmmm,
    Thanks
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12