3,336 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Camaster

Page 1 of 32 12311

Camaster

All Things Related To Camaster

we can do that !!!

mcgrew woodwork owns a camaster 4x8 built in 2000 sold to a sign maker in bowling green tenn. purchased and upgraded in dec and jan 07-08 by bill glenn www.camaster.com to wincnc from a dos controller.

i have ordered another machine from bill

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0691.JPG   IMG_0681.JPG   IMG_0685.JPG  

camaster video

here is video from my shop, kieth g and camaster shop in layfayette ga.

jim

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm0ghrZUmVk"]YouTube - sign foam wincnc[/ame]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0597-2.JPG   IMG_0612-2.JPG   IMG_0626-2.JPG   IMG_0595-2.JPG  

IMG_0431.JPG   IMG_0664-1.JPG   IMG_0334.JPG   IMG_0264.JPG  

IMG_0248.JPG   IMG_0199.JPG   IMG_0590.JPG  

some photos

i will be getting 4rth axis on new machine, bill developed this years ago, he certainly is not the first or only one to do this but he sure made it affordable and possible for me to understand it. jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCP_2172.JPG   DCP_2064.JPG   DCP_2089.JPG   DCP_2842.JPG  

DCP_2870.JPG   DCP_2880.JPG   DCP_2178.JPG  

We are working on a package with Bill Glenn for the above machine. So far this is what we are looking at"

4x8 Table
    15hp vac
    Dust skirt
    96" rotary lathe
    5 hp HSD Spindle
    Tool Changer
    Digitizer probe
    Larger servo motors on all axis

And for software, after much consideration we are looking at changing from KCDW to Cabinetpro cnc, which in my estimation is just as capable or more capable than KCDW at a much lower price.

Other software that we are looking at is Rhino for doing the 4th axis work plus RhinoArt for signs, reliefs etc. I downloaded the demo for everything late last night and hope to get some time with it between the customer drawings I have to get done today,my daughters piano recital and the Super Bowl.

One question I have is whether the basic Rhino with the 4th axis add on is sufficient for columns, Newel posts etc or whether the extra features in RhinoCam Pro is the way to go. Soooo confusing.

Jim

Is this package close to what you have coming or did you go a different way?

Jim

What cabinet package are you going to be running?

Jim
    Are you primarily building Frameless cabinets or Framed/inset etc?

Denny J

Looks like you guys are getting a nice set up from Camaster.

On the subject of software do you have a trial version of KCDW? I was under the impression that CabinetPartsPro is aimed at the frameless cabinet and it looks like KCDW will do both.

I’ll be watching to see which you ultimately decide on and hope to get a report after your up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by sngatlanta View Post
    Looks like you guys are getting a nice set up from Camaster.

On the subject of software do you have a trial version of KCDW? I was under the impression that CabinetPartsPro is aimed at the frameless cabinet and it looks like KCDW will do both.

I’ll be watching to see which you ultimately decide on and hope to get a report after your up and running.
    Actually it is CabinetPro not cabinetPartsPro that I am looking at. Jim might be looking at CPP.

http://www.cabinetpro.com/

I have been using the design version of KCDW for about 6 yearsnow. But when going to the CNC linker it is an 8000 dollar upgrade. KCDW will do both frameless and frame cabinetry but is geared towards modular and stock cabinets with very little flexibility to do custom stuff unless custom means an inch shorter or shallower.

I was leaning towards CabinetVision but decided that getting the router and getting proficient at CV might be a bit much all at the same time and after seeing Cabinepro I think it has all of the capability of KCDW at a lower price so we are going to give it a run and hopefully we can make do with it.

Talking camaster users

Hello All !
    Godwin Cabinet Shop has a 4 X 8 Camaster with a vaccum table and a 5hp Colombo spindle. We use Cabinet Pro, Cabinet Vision Solid and Win CNC software. Hopefully, soon we'll add V-Carve Pro to that ! I purchased my machine in October , 2006. Love it!!
    Keith

I’m going to develop my own and call it Cabpropartsvcarvebobrinodrawkcdvisionautomachcamfi shmillmastersolid v1.0002

It won’t do anything you want it to without purchasing a plug-in for $8000 and those will only allow you to link to my site where you have to purchase upgrades for the original v1.0 to start the cycle over. Our support staff is going to be on a beach somewhere with no Internet or phone available so don’t even bother asking for help.

I’ll only have to sell a few.

sngatlanta

That sounds dangerously close to Cabinet Vision ! :rainfro:

denny

i am still out on what vaccum motor i'll use as i am learning more all the time
    bill is fabricating my table in the original quote, i am learning though that i know i want 8 zones not 4 and i may consider going for the t solt aluminum with vaccum holes as i am learning about how easy it could be to just clamp some carvings.

i laid out my software already, but will purchase cabinetpro, i sat down at kieths shop and laid out cabinets in 10 minutes on it and have no doubt it will do what i want, i must say when i got an intensive library wall or theater,
    for the most part i lay it all outy in scale with cabnetware then take it to a board and hand draw the rest of the details.

i do have cabinet parts pro and will use it for the melamine casework guys
    but i will switch to cabinetpro full time eventually,

dudes it is commercial time oop's i mean super bowl back in a bit jim

an advantage

to cabinetpro is john branham our local rep and bill have a great working relationship and have worked wincnc and the program toghether,

jim
    lets watch cheerleaders

oh i mean

lets play football

Cut to the Bone Guest

Thanks to you

Great to see a CAMaster Thread!

Thanks,

Joey

for the curious

hey greg

had some success with cabinetpartspro today video in a few minutes jim

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFinl7oGo3A"]YouTube - camaster.cnc.mcgrewwoodwork[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ulcc_CLgE"]YouTube - mcgrewwoodwork,cabinetpartspro, wincnc[/ame]

Jim

How many passes did you do that in? How did the drill cycle work? Did you change cutters or use the same one for all?
    Man I'd look like a puppy with a new chew toy standing by that thing...all over the place.

still learning

two passes

1/4" bit
    drill shelve holes
    dado back
    then cut out

learned more about vaccum today and will probably buy more tommorrow

gotta quote a restraunt tommorow feel free to call after jim

Jim

What are the specs on that machine?

Spindle hp
    Servo or Stepper
    Does it have vac or are you screwing it down?

Page 1 of 32 12311