Quote Originally Posted by SeymourDumore View Post
About the original question - not sure but will check it out in a bit - I believe the start point for the G70 must be the same as the G71.
In the example above, the G71 starts at X.575 Z.1, while the G70 is sent to X2.1 Z.1

Again, this is just a guess atthis point, will confirm.

Now, a couple questions for you fellas?

1: Do you normally use the roughing tool for finishing?

2: Since the P-Q blocks are the same for G70 and G71, how do you ever put in deburr radiuses or edgebreaks? How'bout inside corners with tight fillet callouts that are smaller than your roughing tool?

3: Why do you use U and K rather than U and W? I can see U W I K, all in one cycle, but U and K doesn't seem to make sense?

Just askin'....

First Points:

Yes, G70 starts same place as G71. Regardless of what is the last command in the P, Q, block after the final run through in the G71, this is the run through where it steps through line by line, the machine will rapid from the final point in the P, Q, block directly to the original start point that is defined on the line ahead of the G71.

Copy the code and run it through Graphics. The two lines between the end of the P, Q, and the G70 might appear to send it to X2.1, Z.1 but in fact on my simulator the tool dived right to the bottom of the hole and then did the G28 from there. Taking these two lines out as I did removed this move but did not alter the P, Q, profile.

Question 1: Very often yes, but I am working with leaded steel or aluminum so having a separate finish tool is really not needed. Also my tolerances are generally quite sloppy, +/-0.001 very often.

Qestion 2: Then use a separate finish tool; but make sure you do not have a T in the G71 line because that overrides and tool change you put in the P, Q, block (I think that is correct).

Question 3: Because K and W are equivalent and optional; read the manual description.