587,925 active members*
3,832 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam x2; Help! Coolant always defaults to off.

Mastercam x2; Help! Coolant always defaults to off.

I am using Mcam X2.
    Every time I set up a new operation, My coolant defaults to ignore which in turn does not post an M08.

I have been back and forth with my mastercam reseller for a couple of months. They fix it then when I shut down mastercam and reload it it defaults back to ignore.

This is so frustrating that I am loosing all faith in mastercam software. If they cannot even have the sense to know that 75 percent of all machining is done with coolant.....

If I cannot resolve this I will go back to version 9. Not as many bells and whistles but I never had this issue.

If any one can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

open up a fresh copy of mastercam, then pick a machine a machine type from the top row of tabs. click on stock setup from the operations manager and choose the "files" tab. there you will find "operations library". on the right side of that is what looks like an !. exclamation mark. click on that and open whatever operation you would like to edit. hope this helps because I know what you mean when you say "you are going back to nine"

I tried that already. All of the default operations are showing the coolant as on.
    When I actually use them it reverts to off.

What post are you?using.Also you want open the new mastercam set it default to design. now goto Settings and then control def. then use the open option pick the machine control you are using.
    then using the tree on the left go to Operation Defaults. now you can go into the operation like contour and set your defaults.
    or pick all the ops in 2toolpaths and use the option of edit common paramtoers to set all at once. this will take care of the hard copy of the defaults compared to the other that only takes care of the local.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I appreciate the help guys. I have tried everything that you recommended and none of it works. MC9 is going to make a come back today X2 is getting the boot.

Sorry dumb move from my thought. once again what post are you using? is this one you updated one from the install?
    lets do a zip2 on example file.use the link if you do not know how to use the zip to go.
    I want a example file and make sure your machine and post are in there.

http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Mul...zip2go_wmv.wmv
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I resolved the issue. Thanks for the input guys. All it took was about 4 Horus of clicking stuff.

How did you resolve this? I have the same problem.

Dave

I will post a step by step procedure for resolving this issue later on today when I have some time.
    It is working great now

Mastercam X post processor with ATC

How can I change the post processor for Mastercam X to make a tool call as follow.
    The machine has an ATC (automatique tool change), pre call of next tool.

O2222;
    T1
    M6 T1
    .. in de middle of the cycle "call next tool"
    T4
    T4
    M6 T4

To my knowledge, which could be flawed, you are referring to the "look ahead" so the next tool in line is already waiting. this is not a function of the post that I am aware of. It will depend on your machine capability (how many lines of code your controller is able to read ahead of where it is.) Some older machines are limited.

O.K. for the coolant control, here is what I did.

In the drop down menu "Settings" at the bottom click on "machine definition manager"
    One of the icons at the top opens the "edit general machine definition manager". click on this. It will open the general machine parameter window. Click on the coolant commands tab.

Select "Support coolant using coolant value in post processor" Then under "enable" turn all of them on that you are able to access. Click OK. Now click the save icon in the machine definitions manager.

With that done ......

In the operations manager, under your machine group properties, click on file.

In the "machine group properties window", click on the exclamation mark button after operations defaults.

This will open your "edit operations defaults window" In this window open each operation individually (selecting them all and editing like operations does not work) click on parameters, then click on the coolant button. Turn it to on.

Hope this works for everyone, so far it did the trick for me.

It's called prestaging and is handled by the post. I can't remember off the top of my head will have to look later.
    What machine if this for?
    Cadcam

PS it's usally not called in the middle of the program but after ther tool callout so that side mount tool changers can have the next tool ready to swap out.Once again called Tool Pre-stage
    Cadcam

Below is a copy of a short program I set up in mastercam X2 and posted.
    Nowhere in this post does it give the command to get tool 2 ready for the tool change ahead of time, Yet my machine does it automatically. This is why I assume it is a function of the machine not the post or mastercam. All C.N.C. machine controls do have a certain amount of blocks they are able to read ahead of time. Some can only read one block ahead of time which would not allow the tool to be ready ahead of time. There may be a parameter on your cnc control that needs to be set.

O1000
    ( T )
    ( Tri-Power Design 27-12-07 )
    ( TOOL - 01 DIA. OFF. - 00 LENGTH - 00 DIA. - .0156 DRILL/MISC )
    ( TOOL - 02 DIA. OFF. - 00 LENGTH - 00 DIA. - .0180 DRILL/MISC )
    N100 G17 G40 G80 G90
    N110 T1 M6
    N120 ( T1 , 1/64 DRILL )
    N130 S400 M3
    N140 G0 G90 G54 X-3.459 Y3.2816
    N150 G43 Z1. M08
    N160 G81 Z0. R.1 F5.
    N170 G80
    M09
    N180 G17 G40 G80 G90
    N190 T2 M6
    N200 ( T2 , NO. 77 DRILL )
    N210 S500 M3
    N220 G0 G90 G54 X-3.9024 Y2.0732
    N230 G43 H0 Z1.
    M08
    N240 G81 Z0. R.1 F5.
    N250 G80
    M09
    N260 M2

What machine is this posted for and is it a sidemount tool holder or a Horazontal machine.
    Som newer machines will and some don't that is why we put tool stagging in allot of the posts.
    Cadcam