587,481 active members*
2,934 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 6 of 6 456

This Thread Sucks

I'm very new to CNC Zone. I just signed up tonight because my buddy recommended it. I had to comment on this particular topic because I feel like it kinda sucks. It sounds like these issues could have been worked out and some of the people that have posted replies to this have no idea what the real deal might be. I'm in the market for a new CAM system and that is why I'm here. I did a live demonstration with Bobcad and I feel like with a little time and patience I could learn it and use it in my shop. I know it has some limitations but when you have a small budget you gotta work with what you can afford. I have a friend that has been using Bobcad since the dos version and he swears by it..that's why I'm considering it. He's still stuck on Version 21 though so I'm trying to decide if Version 22 would be a good idea. I've been screwed by companies when it comes to money back guarantees so I want to be sure with this decision. Anyway, I gotta get up in about 4 hours so it's bed time for me. Will someone please give me some real insight on this and not just bad mouthing...maybe some real pros and cons.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. -Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by bobcadbrad View Post
    B) lets say we gave you real code, and you break your machine, or a tool and lets all hope it's not an expensive break because who do you think the customer is going to blame and hold liable. "Bobcad"

come on !! you'd rather me spend 3G to do that

i'm interested in where blanshan is ,concidering he is the one who complained ?

IF he was told it would work with vista , then he SHOULD have been told of possible issues with running on vista , IF he wasn t then either someone dropped the ball or they used a deceptive bussiness practice to get a sale , either way he claimed it didnt work with vista ,you claim it does have issues with vista ,so,whats the problem ? vista is the problem !
    i'm not going to make any big assumptions nor do i truely care , though i do find it interesting to see how a company deals with complaints

i look at it this way:
    its easier to give a customer his money back just to shut him up so things like this thread don't happen

or did this happen
    where is blanshan ?

um yep this is stupid

to the people having issues with BCC! Are you running 64bit vista or 32bit vista? I run xp but have heard there are a lot of issues with 64 vista. This may be an answer to your problems. I don't really know, just trying to help.

To the people slamming BCC staff and supporters............ SHUT UP. get over it!

To the BCC staff and supporters............ apart from a few people that are genuinely having problems with the software. The rest are just trolling (see description) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29 don't feed the trolls!!!!

Scott

Well said. Yes I do step lightly but try to stay honest.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcadbrad View Post
    look i have been with bobcad for almost 4 years. i have been reading this forum from the begining.

D) we show you how the software works and how it produces code, the right code has to do with your post processors, and your machine. this is why we do not charge for this and our refund is exact in saying if we cannot post to your machine we will refund you.

I am not one to get a on a forum and bash, but I have read this thread from the start. Way back when I purchased a version (I believe it was V17) with the promise that it would post to an older machine I had at the time. I was told by a sales rep of yours that all I had to do is call tech support and they could make a post for any machine out there. The control I had was an older bandit. After making numerous calls to tech support to BobCAD I was told the changes were such that they could not make. Of course I wanted a refund for the product because this was the sole purpose for buying this product and was clearly stated by me to the sales rep. I never even registered it to get a serial and has sat in my pile of products that I had taken a persons word for and got taken. The only thing worked out with BobCAD was to have them call me a couple times a year and bother me about buying upgrades! If this is your policy then I say to you step up to the plate and put your money where your mouth is! I would love to get my money back and post back on here about how honorable you really are. Just post on here how we can resolve this and then you will have my respect, but until then don't preach about these policies and how good you are to your customers!

Looking forward to settling this with you

Dan

Well my name is David Merrill and I had a post in this thread that may have been premature, #72. I, now, as the poster after, #73, feel I should get a full refund. Partly this is because of the time spent in tracking down the refund. The cost of shipping product both ways. The time spent waiting for tech support to tell me the software will not do what the engineer,Daniel, or the salesmen, Kenny, said it would do. Then the whole convoluted refund procedure.
    Now the crux of the matter that insults me is once BCC has your money the company morphs into adversarial relationship. They have received my software back at their facility on 11/29/07. I would think my $100 appx. would enable them to refund the rest. I am wrong yet again. Please if you have a low frustration level stay away from this company maybe even the software. Though like the battered wife I will probably come back yet again for another shellackin

Current Cam OneCnc so far so good
    Thanks, David

Quote Originally Posted by CNCdude View Post
    OK...OK...One last post.

Uptight? Not at all. We do have a return policy that is in place and we tell every customer before we take payment so that it is known. This takes place in the order verification process. This way everything is above boards. ...
    CNC Dude

This is NOT true. When I ordered Bobcad recently, it was late in the day and I was told that I would get a call for order verification the next morning. A week later, with no call and no BobCAD received, I called in to find out about it and was told that someone would call me back again. After a couple more calls back and forth, I got someone for the "verification" and they just confirmed the features that I was ordering. But I also found out that my credit card had already been charged A WEEK BEFORE that verification call. It was obvious that Bobcad's priority was to get my money then not bother about trying to get the software to me. But prior to that, Bobcad's salespeople would call and call and call, with no problems reaching me.

This is not opinion, but fact.

Its end of the year and software companies that support our needs(wants) are having deep discounts!

I'm looking over Visualmill and bobcad. The prices look fantastic! And I'm about to make an upgrade purchase.

I followed up with bobcad a few weeks ago about a feature of controlling the depth of "z" cut for when I do two sided parts. Seems that feature still doesn't work yet. I'm truly perplexed by that, but they where not able to show me in their demo. How do BC users cut two side parts?

After reading this thread and to see that there are more then just a few unhappy people, and to see names of the same sales people I spoke to, I'm feeling I need to stay away from bob cad regardless of their discounted price.

I'm a novice in this field of cnc and I want to be able to rely on the company that i purchased my software from. Sorry BC, I can't seem to bring my self to make the purchase. After reading these issues, I'll take my money else where.

Companies need to pull their heads out of the sand and realize, word travels much faster and further in this day of internet. All it took was a few post here to deter me from spending my money with BC. I think BC has a great new cam feature for curved surfaces, which I'd like to take advantage of but I'm just not willing to try my luck of being a victim based upon this thread.

BC, if you had taken care of your customers, worked with them, refunded their money or what ever it took, you wouldn't have gotten this bad press.

People have spent major sums of money for your product. At least you could respect them by taking care of them. Including refunding. It may have lost you that one sale, now, I believe based on this thread its lost you MANY sales.

I will say in speaking with the sales person at BC, they wouldn't sale me their product because I wouldn't be able to control the depth of the Z cut.

Guess I'll go with VisualMil.

Here we go again. I was emailed by Brian at BobCad, that he was sending, personally, a message to refund department to get this done. I guess, as it has not reached my bank, he has as much pull as anyone else.

Question to the group. Has anyone ever successfully navigated BobCad's satisfaction guaranteed policy? Culminating in a refund. Even if it was reduced to pure profit for BobCad and minor loss and inconvenience to the customer. IE up to $350 restocking fee.
    David (unhappy with BobCad)
    Happy with OneCNC!

Happy New Year everyone.

PS some side effects of using BobCad are:
    1. Anxiety
    2. Wild Mood Swings
    3. Broken KeyBoards
    4. Gouged Metal
    5. Repetitive Code
    6. Endless Emails
    7. unreturned phonecalls
    8. Hopelessness
    9. Depression
    10. Financial Loss due to Low Ebay prices for certain Cad/Cam software.

Do not create a "Beware of BobCad -3" thread.

Page 6 of 6 456