587,427 active members*
6,687 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport Coolant enclosure (Poor Man’s Shower Curtain)

Bridgeport Coolant enclosure (Poor Man’s Shower Curtain)

Here are a few photos of my “coolant containment project” completed. I’ve also added a garden hose to spray off the pallets and work area like they have mounted on another brand of CNC mill. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Happy carving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cut 3.JPG   DSC00205.JPG   DSC00207.JPG  

well your floor is cleaner then mine hehehe

b.

wow what a neat idea! Seems like I'll some construction to do once my V2 is up and running. What did you use for the "curtain" lexan? Plexi?
    9 1/2
    B.C.I.T. Machinist CNC

Quote Originally Posted by 9 1/2 View Post
    wow what a neat idea! Seems like I'll some construction to do once my V2 is up and running. What did you use for the "curtain" lexan? Plexi?
    I used stainless sheet metal for the “Tub” and bolted the 3/16” thick Plexiglas sheets to it. I used lots of clear silicone at the joints and a closet slided and wheels from Home Depot for the front door.

Thanks for the info. I've long had issue with chips flying around the garage. My other passion is motorcyles and motor building, obviously they don't appreciate the intrusion of chips.

peace
    Owen
    9 1/2
    B.C.I.T. Machinist CNC

Quote Originally Posted by 9 1/2 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've long had issue with chips flying around the garage. My other passion is motorcyles and motor building, obviously they don't appreciate the intrusion of chips.

peace
    Owen
    Hi Owen,

I was thinking of suspending four walls of clear plastic sheeting around the CNC machines and adding a “roof” to air condition the area during the summer months when it get to be 114° outside. Maybe you could utilize the same idea for a sort of “clean room” for your motor assembly area!