0 active members*
3,457 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help me caculating step kplease.

Guys please help me caculating my step...

For X and Y I have 3/8dia 16 lead screw, so the 16 is my pitch correct, Im not even sure what the pitch it. To find out the pitch, you're suppose to count to see how many tooth within 1 inch correct?

My Driver is running with Normal step and here's my motor info.

http://www.kelinginc.net/KL23H256-21-8B.pdf

Also for my Z axis, I bought this on ebay with out any specs, so I do not know what is the pitch... Can you guys take a look at this picture and tell me?

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...ystuff026.jpg?

Yes, I did try to search the forum, but couldn't understand.

Thanks you.

pitch * steps{normally 200} * microstep =

so your 16 *200 *1(no micro) = 3200 steps per inch

Used Photoshop to move the ruler... appears to be 16 tpi also

Does it look the same as the other leadscrew you have?

Hi,

I set up the system in metric, so how would i convert that to metric? just convert the pitch to metric and multiply by 200 also?

It look very similar to the other one... but I think the Z axis might be in metric or something, it not completely the same..

Hmm.. U shud be able with Units man (Try free unit converters or use net to find)... U r entering into maching era... tolerances...clearances...

Just google the question... convert 1 inch to mm works great....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Im a bit confusing still, im using MACH 3 and I'm suppose to set the step in the Motor tunning window correct?

In the tunning, where it said STEP, it said VELOCITY INCH PER MINUTE. Is it correct if I enter the 3200 in there? But under Config > Native Unit, i set it to run on metric... so even if I enter 3200per/inch, the software still understand it correct?

Do you guy know where I can get a G-code for testing, which show me a sketch and dimenstion so I can test how accurate my machine is?

Thanks

So Im even more confuse now, because I just look and in Mach 3, if you change to Unit to MM, then in the Motor Tunning it also change to MM.

So 3200 step per inch = 125.984mm per 1mm?

So I would enter in 125.984mm per step?

metric threads are measured differently as well.
    What I think you need for Mach in metric is steps per mm. Divide 3200 steps / inch by 25.4 mm / inch and you get about 128 steps per mm. (I rounded to 25).

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyaz View Post
    In the tunning, where it said STEP, it said VELOCITY INCH PER MINUTE. Is it correct if I enter the 3200 in there? But under Config > Native Unit, i set it to run on metric... so even if I enter 3200per/inch, the software still understand it correct?

Thanks
    In Mach3, the left-most box is 'steps per unit', so if you are doing 3200 steps per inch, you put 3200 in there. If you are working in metric, you put however many steps move you 1 'metric unit'. I don't know what that is in Mach3, maybe 1 cm?

The Velocity box is how many max inches per minute you want your table to be able to run. This is not a definite number based on your screws... i.e. you can set it for 40 ipm, 60 ipm, etc, whatever you think is reasonable. Definitely not 3200 !!

- John

Ok this is driving me nut.

When I first start out, I set the Software unit to MM, but I left the Step per Unit as (2000) Like in the Mach video. Then to get my motor running smooth with that step, I max out at 20 for the velocity and 20 for aceleration. Then I run the roadrunder g-code, then it cut out like a 5-6inches roadrunner, it seem fine (but im not sure if it was the accurate dimension).

After I change the step to 125 step, but then I have to raise my IPM to like 300 to get the motor to run smooth like before. But now I test the roadrunder... and it all screw up, it only cut such a small area.. maybe 10mmX10xmm, so it wasn't even showing anything....

Any idea?