587,887 active members*
3,316 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Its Alive ! Thanks Gus,George Swarf_Rat,Mark,

Its Alive ! Thanks Gus,George Swarf_Rat,Mark,

Well Gang...Its Alive ""Thank You""...all that helped out...In no Order......"George"...."Gus"..."Mark"....."Swarf_R at"....."Andrew"..."John"..."Rik/Ray.....and anyone and eveyone that provided Ideas...suggestions....support... Special Thanks go to ***Joshua*** for sending me all his manuals for his machine.....very helpful on reassembly...a little different on schematics but still helpful.

This was a MONSTER Repair...this machine was stripped apart......had "ALL" the wires cut Off where they exit the motors..control..relay closet...oil pump........most thrown away........I installed Over 750 feet of various wire types...including encoder wires.....over 200 connections.....60 + hours and then had to repair all the faults that led to its removal in the first place....all this with NO support from the seller as they sent it out to be scrapped and I intercepted it before it made it to the scrapyard.......Very Odd ...the Iron is in Excellent condition......strange . I'm over the hump now.....on to all the niggly details THANK YOU ALL

Please forgive me if you provided information and/or help and I neglected to Thank You....my brain is fried...I am having dreams of wire diagrams and pcb's.....Everyone here has been Fantastic in sharing their knowledge......great community. Now Im gonna drive everyone nuts....cause I dont know Sh*t about cnc machines.....Yikes 8-O

Attached is a very basic maintenance manual with some part numbers.

George
    Attached Files Attached Files
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks Again George.......I am stuck on this machine at the cross over reference point...........The Z axis will run the spindle DOWN to the bottom limit switch and STOP.....kicks off power enable button (yellow) and sits there ......the cross over Z reference point prompt remains on screen. What would cause this ?? What should this machine do at this point ?? I have input the parameters from the sheet....250 + parameters....but what else do I need to set ?? since this machine has been ripped apart do you think it is imperative that I run through the entire axis motor setup process as described in the maintenance manual you just gave me ???

If any of the axis motors have been off the software limits in params 44,45,46,47,48 and 49 will need reset.It will tell you in the machine maintenance manual how to do that.
    Mark.

Hmmm lets see.....have any of the motors ever been off.............If you call rollin around on the bed of a frieght truck on the way to the scrap yard ..off.... well yes then...I think 1 or 2 may have been slightly separated from the machine.......lol...lol...lol.....I gotta laugh...or Ill just sit down and cry.... Please direct me as though I am an idiot on how to get this thing working.....a couple months ago I would have told you I was a smart person....now ??? whats my name ?????

George has given you the info you need with the pdf he has posted.You now have to read it half a dozen times then go through the procedures half a dozen times until you get it correct and then you will be laughing again.In a few weeks time YOU will be able to answer anyone`s questions about these machines/controls.You`re nearly there with what you have achieved already.
    Mark.

Fantastic.....happy to hear that.......I will of course read it........many times until my little bitty brain...or whats left of it at least....can obsorb the important details.......Thanks to all....Im doin a last minute dash for information B4 I head home from work. I dont have the pleasure of reading the material I have downloaded until I am Home....Thanks Again

To fix a machine, you have to understand how it works. The TNC when asked to home looks at the home switch for each axis. If it is on a switch, it will reverse direction and bring that axis off the switch and stop. Then when the GO button is pressed again it will climb back on the home switch. So if it knows to reverse and climb off but dosen't stop, it is not seeing the switch changing state! Orc maybe the switch has a open wire to the control. Many people check the switch itself but neglect to check the switch operation at the input to the control.
    Travel limits are another subject.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I fully agree George...and clearly I dont YET understand how this machine is supposed to function.....so PLEASE continue to provide any bits of direction you believe is important. I will review it as though it is gospel ....Thank You

OH .....here is a question I have wanted to ask for some time but keep forgetting to post. After the buffer batteries failed...I replaced them....power off, all parameters lost....found parameter list in machine door ....when inputting the parameters....the list clearly shows "example" 0.001......but when I hit the decimal button the value is input with a comma....0,001....is this correct ? should I have all comma"s OR decimal points ?????

Default is the comma used as a decimal point. I ran a TNC back in 1987 and the EZCAM posted decimal points. Some canned cycles in the TNC did not like that.
    There is a parameter that can be changed to display decimal points.

George

Ok Thanks good to know....its been naggin at me...was not sure but allowed it that way since it was the default setting.