587,133 active members*
3,194 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Workshift in fanuc

first let me say hi to all and glad we have this forum..i been 10 years in cnc programing and work and this is the first time I encounter this problem which I hope I can find selution for.

Machine type: Mayano fanuc
    BNC-42c5

the problem is what the workshift where generally speaking you put your work piece zero is, is locked, I can't edit it..any ideas how I can unlock it..
    I can go into the page alright, but when i try to edit the zero there to what ever number its says its "write protrect" I tried to set the alram paremeter to 1 in the settings and do it that way, it didn't help. I would say some parameters is locked somewhere just don't know what parameter is that to unclock it...

thanks for your try to help.

Is the memory protect key switch on?

its off I can edit programs fine...I would say its internal parameter somewhere...

It may be that the work zero you are trying to change must be active, i.e. if you're trying to change G55, MDI in a G55 and cycle start to make it the active work zero. Then you should be able to change it.

NO I dont use the G55 or G54 I use the page where the Shift Value is written to make my work piece zero point its workshift, now I cant alter that, nither I can alter the G54 or G55 they are all locked to Number "zero"..

what version fanuc there are 4 keylocks

what do you mean dryrun ? but might be this number? d6b1-05

Are you in jog? Can you put the cursor on Z? Have you tried [M] [Z] [0] (measure Z zero)?
    Programming a barfeed lathe is usually done with the back of the part being Z-zero (opposite chuck work where the front of the part is Z-zero). Wiith this standard, a workshift is never needed, maybe why Miyano has it locked out.
    Parameters that apply to work shift (depending on your control) are:
    010-bit 6
    024-bit 5
    388-bit 7
    -
    Good Luck

nop cant put MZ0 there is no messure button there anyway...
    these paremetrs are not found on my controler...must be another ones somewhere...
    about the workshift, this what you told me about zero being in the back of the job is very old style work today you can decide where to put the zero as you please for your comfort, I prefer to put it in the front of the job since all the drawing messurements comes from there mostly, there is the od one that comes in the back but mostly today I put the zero in the front..
    anyway thank for trying and if anyone has anything to help you are most welcome as well....
    thank you all.

Why do you keep it a secret which Fanuc control you have this problem with?

how do I know what is the name of my control is all I know about the machine I gave...

Machine type: Mayano fanuc BNC-42c5..

I have a book here but doesn't say anything about how to unlock the W.shft page..I can hightlight it and access the page but can't edit it that's all.