587,495 active members*
3,592 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

china lasers

I'm from Colombia, Southamerica, a year ago I bougth a laser machine from china, it is true this people dont explain a little thing about all the trouble you will get but you can get a far away price compared to an epilog or universal machine, I know both.
    But after a week trying we found the way to put it to work. Now I have a very fast machine , doing the same work as an epilog for 1/5 of the price, every 8 months i have to change the cheap tube ($300) some times it could last less time but still is far away good bussiness for me. I know about the quality of the american products but here we are working with a little cnc table. Its a very simple machine, now I know about it, I sold other 2 machines for other customers and only take 2 days to put it to work, still the same bad comunication with china, they dont test the machines prior to sending, allways you have to figth with the PCI card, and now also know that you can work with garbage PC's, better if you use 1 gb ram in a almost new generation PC.
    So, yes, its a good bussiness, for the same money of one epilog mediumsize I bougth 3 huge size machines and have some left for other one.

Luis

Thumbs up Kyfds ----not Detroit Area!

I have several friends in the Detroit area and they all complain about the same issue concerning the economic status of the area. Our US automakers have gone down hill so fast that Detroit and surrounding areas have created the greatest number of home forclosures than anywhere else in the US. From a recent article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13086712/
    "On average nationally, there are 29 houses in foreclosure for every 100,000 U.S. residents. But at the top of Foreclosure.com’s list, in hard-up cities like Cleveland and Detroit, the rate is several times that. "

The economy is tough there. I would suggest that you look in the south like Raleigh North Carolina, Austin Texas or similar areas. More recession proof because of reliance on more than one industry.

Good luck

Pete
    Chinese Rabbit Laser HX6090 (60 watt) Happy with it!
    FANUC CNC (ROBODRILL / TAPE DRILL MATE) 0MC control

Hi.Pete! Thank you for your suggestion and the link of that article. I thought the economic status in Detroit area was good. Now, it seems like tough there, according to the complaints of your friend and the article. So, I'll follow your suggestion, look for some good college south. First, I have to prepare my TOEFL exam. You know, my English is not good enough to go through the classes in English.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by isasuleahmed View Post
    Jack,
    Can I use your software (DSP5.0) to upgrade my laser (IE1200 laser with 80W)? I got it from 'INK EXPRESS' in december 2005 and yet to be install.

Isa
    Hi ISA,
    Yes you can use our DSP5.0 to uograde your LC1280(IE1200), if you have questions, feel free to to let me know by [email protected], [email protected]

JackYin

:rainfro:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy007 View Post
    Questions and Answers about WKLaser and my experiences with my laser.

Hey Dave;

I'm quite happy with it despite some initial setups issues. I'll answer your questions in order.

1. I ordered and paid for the machine about 2 weeks before it shipped. Now I know it has to be trucked to the port and wait for a container ship heading for Canada to load and leave so I think it was reasonable. It took about a week to arrive and was in a heavy wooden crate and well packed. No worries there.

2. The edges are just about perfect, I cut .68 acrylic and PETG (.60mm) The little compressor that comes with it to keep the laser clear is a little anemic so I'd buy two of them and t them together or just use a bigger compressor. More air seems to improve the cut speed and quality by a good margin. It cut fine until I tried more air then it cut great! Decent pics at http://classicplayfields.com/photo14.html
    However, these are real close and don't really do the cuts justice, they look even better!

3. I have about 90 hrs of cut time on the machine now and am still on the original tube. Use distilled water as they specify as my tube is a bit dirty inside from me using well water and having the minerals settle out. Still seems to work fine though.

4. The PCI card is junk, cheap Chinese make. However, I think the problem in my case was the PnP feature on the card just did not work, so when the computer assigned an interrupt to the card like its supposed to the card would not accept it and conflict with something else in the system. I tried different PCI slots in 3 different computers until it works. So I think it was just a faulty card. Works fine now though, but frustrating to set up.

5. I have engraved only 1/4" MDF so far and I'd say that it was super. It cuts very clean edges and at full power will engrave almost half way through the MDF. I have full confidence it will do anything fine.

Jack Yin at WKLaser was very good to deal with as I said before he was much better than I could have hoped for.

Thanks
    Mike

Hi Mike,
    Thanks again for your high comments on our lasers, and on me.. .. Hope you still enjoy your lasers now. If you have any questions, don't hestiated to let me know..

Anybody who wanna lasers with low cost, good quality and personzlied after sale service, don't hestiated to email to me. I would like to show the evdience for you that not all chinese products are Junk.

My email address is [email protected], [email protected]

JackYin

:rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

kyfds,
    Management School of UT austin in Texas is one the best among the public university, its account is the best, so maybe thats the best choice for you, I live in Dallas since 1997, Texas is oen of the best place for newcomers to settle down. you can drop me a email at [email protected]
    I can speak chinese , so let me knwo if you need any help.

kyfds,
    Management School of UT austin in Texas is one of the best among all public schools, its accounting is the best, so maybe thats the best choice for you, I live in Dallas since 1997, Texas is a good place for newcomers to settle down. you can drop me a email at [email protected]
    I can speak chinese , so let me know if you need any help.

What is the max. thickness to cut?

Quote Originally Posted by yamingf View Post
    kyfds,
    Management School of UT austin in Texas is one of the best among all public schools, its accounting is the best, so maybe thats the best choice for you, I live in Dallas since 1997, Texas is a good place for newcomers to settle down. you can drop me a email at [email protected]
    I can speak chinese , so let me know if you need any help.

Hi,Frank! Thank you very much for your suggestion.
    Yes, I do need some help. But right now, I am preparing the TOEFL. So it all depends on the marks of the exam.
    After that, ha..I'll let you know my scores. Texas is nice!

Hello,

I am very familiar with the lasercut software, i can help you to better understand the software, hardware and even tweak your ini file to achive better performance, feel free to drop a line

Edward
    [email protected]

some of you knows as recording images with it schemes it lg1280, I have tried to make it but tells me that alone it accepts images bmp-2bit and no longer you that to make

I was wondering if you have had any problems with your Laser Cutter.
    I just got a 80W HX1290SE at its not collaborating with me. Did your "Datum" ( Home ) button worked?

2 bit is true monocrome not grayscale

Quote Originally Posted by FERCHO View Post
    some of you knows as recording images with it schemes it lg1280, I have tried to make it but tells me that alone it accepts images bmp-2bit and no longer you that to make
    you need to convert your image to monochrome, (use a halftone setting for best results.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ArturoV View Post
    I was wondering if you have had any problems with your Laser Cutter.
    I just got a 80W HX1290SE at its not collaborating with me. Did your "Datum" ( Home ) button worked?
    My Datum button works

Page 2 of 2 12