587,349 active members*
3,248 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 18 of 19 816171819
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz9075 View Post
    Sorry but wakeboarding wins out over machining
    Ya got your summer priorities right John! We're headed out on the boat for a nice "Fathers Day" evening cruise! Cheers!

Rick

John are you getting these 1/2-8TPI 2 Start at Fastenal ???

Nope I got them from Keystone. I am not sure I would buy from them again... the rods were OK but the Keystone ones were much nicer, metal was not a soft, straighter ... and if I am not mistaken they don't carry this type.

How is the pricing ?? shipping ??? etc... :-) do you have the part numbers ???

Thanks

Bruno
    Montreal !!!

Sorry I don't have the part numbers... I just called around and finally got to keystone and they sent me the last two they had. Shipping was OK, it was the boarder costs that I found high (I hate UPS dinging me so much each time for brokarage fees when USPS charges me $5).

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz9075 View Post
    Sorry I don't have the part numbers... I just called around and finally got to keystone and they sent me the last two they had. Shipping was OK, it was the boarder costs that I found high (I hate UPS dinging me so much each time for brokarage fees when USPS charges me $5).
    You have to be very careful with UPS and their brokerage fees. I bought a set of props for our boat last year. They were delivered on time etc. but no invoice, nuttin' for the brokerage fees, which I was expecting so I thought it was strange but soon forgot about it. Three months later I get a very nasty letter from a collection agency for an overdue UPS account, which I figured was brokerage fees, but there was no corresponding documentation to absolutely determine this. I figured it was going to be an exercise in futility to try to negotiate this with the collection agency so I just paid the freakin' thing. What really bugged me was no phone call from UPS accounts receivable, no e-mail, nuttin', nadda, zip! Oh lets "F*ck this guy over" and just send it to collections. I refuse to do business with any company that only offers shipping via UPS.

While not much I have updated some pictures on my web page. Enjoy

I like the Shorter Router Rear plate. What is the (1" all round) for? I assume to mount the router clamps.

Can you post a Dxf file for others, here and maybe in the Mod section to use with the ATC.

Thanks, Joe

Ya the 1" is for mouting it on the machine.

Attached is the DXF, but for reference all I did was delete the bottom two holes and moved the bottom up by 3". I plan on drilling the hole through the router side so I can use the long bolt from the front to the back rather than the short one from the back to the front (which would remove the requirement for the extra pocket in the back).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Been a while since I posted sorry... summer has kept me very busy and I smashed both my cameras early in the summer... should get them back soon. I have been testing software packages out and how to effectly get items in and out of the machine. Worked a little on the tool changer, just need to redo my dust collector before I can start using it. I have posted a few new pictures I manage do get this morning with a buddies camera. Time is at a premium during the summer months.

www.cncmachine.phillipsfamily.ca

Glad to hear from ya buzz, yea sometimes we have to ballance our hobbies... and also depending on seasons.....lol

Joe

It's been a long time since I posted. Sorry been super busy enjoying playing with the machine and creating all kinds of stuff and learning the software products. You can check them out at www.buzzart.ca.

I have determined I have had enough with the ATC so I moved back to a manual tool changing method and as such had to design a new dust collector. During the creation of the new tool change I found out the air coming from the bottom of the router was causing air flow issues so I created an air deflector for the toshiba router as well to remove the down draft from the router. As usual everything is documented on www.cncmachine.phillipsfamily.ca.

Joe I am totally enjoying this machine, creating all kinds of cool stuff... Thanks for the plans and the guidance through it all. I have started up a web page with some of the stuff I have learned how to create. While I have no clue which direction I will end up going with it all I am totally enjoying learning how to use all the softwares and the machine and can't find enough time in the evening to plan and cut stuff out with it.

Only one real thing I need to get out is the shake/stutter in the machine during commands that are flying through quickly (for example point to point corners), at first I though it was the machine but in the last few days I have proven it is either Mach3 or the computer that is causing the problem... definitely not the machine. Not that it is bad just prevents me from pushing the machine much past 40 or 50ipm (and I know it can go alot faster than that).

I just wish I had room for the new 4*4 machine when it comes out, it looks real Saweeet. 2' * 4' will have to do for now.

Buzz I checked out you cnc projects website, what kind of attachment do you have on your router and where did you get it. It looks like a ER collet system adapted to your rotuer.

If you are referening to the red device hanging from the router for the cuts. It is a tool changer that is suppose to all for easy connect and disconnect of cutters. www.hightechsystemslls.com use to sell them but have been sold out for a long time. Personally I suspect the issues I located over the last year have caused them to them to remove it from the shelves. I bought it and 15 collets for it which I really don't miss with my new set up.. With the new dust collector which allows for quick change over and multiple skirt lenghts it might take me 30 seconds longer to change over but I am finding my cuts are cleaner and the cutters are spinning nicely with no wobble.

Buzz,

Glad to see your still at it. Looks like you have put the machine to so good use. and put it through its paces... Hope it is still running strong for you.

Joe

Never pictured it would run as strong as it is. Only thing I think I need to iron out is the stutter... but now that I know where it is coming from it should be easy to figure out.

BTW; I need to make a change to the plans on the vacuum head as the 1/2 thick material is not enough to keep the vaccum hose in place. I should have a change shortly. Found it after a rather extensive machining run today (8 hours of machining the vacuum hose fell out.

You are doing some very nice art work. The cribbage boards are amazing. So are your other cuttings.

Thanks Glidergider... the cribage boards I am trying to figure out where to break in to the market on this idea. I still have lots of ideas up my sleeve but they take so long to mature when it is a part time job/hobby. Just release business card holders today.

Happy New Year

I forgot to update the new vacuum hood plans after I made a few modifications to the plans. I have now uploaded them and they are available from www.cncmachine.phillipsfamily.ca under "Yet Another Dust Collector". These plans match the latest pictures on the web page.

The updates include: better alignment of removable dust plates, better anchoring of the vacuum hose (removes the pressure of the end of the hose and applies it to the last 8" or so, and makes to removable vacuum heads.

I have been using this vacuum head for a while now and love how easy it is to get to changing the tools out. Almost effortless to have the router head exposed in seconds. The diffuser is working perfect no downward wind is hitting the cutting surface and it does not appear that any deflected winds are causing any problems. I now run two skirts one for short cutters and one for long cutters.

One thing I found amazing is the amount of dust that comes down out of the router, lots of metal dust covers the ari diffuser.

Would love to hear if others have implemented this dust collector.

John

HI BUZZ! Long time no hi! Hope your keeping well and your family is well. Happy New Year. The new machine is looking great. Very good job.

Page 18 of 19 816171819